Project title: ‘’EU Facility supporting policy dialogue and technical assistance in Iraq’’
Brief description of the project: The specific objective of this assignment is to strengthen public institutions and develop capacities for policymaking, planning, and implementation in view of engaging with non-state actors, responding to citizens’ needs and contributing to general socio-economic development including domestic revenue mobilization. Within this framework, the purpose of this contract is to provide on-demand technical assistance open to all Government entities targeted by EU interventions in Iraq through EU Special Measures and the EU multi-annual indicative program 2021-2026, as well as technical assistance directly to the EU delegation and support to the EU delegation for policy dialogue.
Position: NKE 5 - Technical Specialist Lead: Real Estate Law and Valuation of Real Estate (alternatively green and energy-efficient construction technologies)
The expert will carry out the following tasks:
- Lead on assigned areas of research, analysis and programming within the assignment, focusing on select institutions/topics (to be defined during inception) in line with the Expert’s technical specialism.
- Under the direction of the NKE1/ Team Leader, responsibility to produce assigned areas of reports and deliverables defined in this TOR, whilst working collaboratively to contribute to overall team outputs as required.
- In assigned areas, lead stakeholder engagement and liaison (as delegated by NKE1/ Team Leader).
- Ensure effective teamwork through regular communication, progress and ad-hoc updates within the team, according to arrangements agreed with the NKE1/ Team Leader.
- Flexibility to support other tasks if needed for successful completion of the overall assignment.
Qualifications, experience and skills required:
- Master’s degree in relevant discipline.
- At least 10 years (or 15 years in case of bachelor’s degree only) of specialist technical knowledge and skills in one or more areas of HLP analysis and programming, namely:
- Real Estate Law and Valuation of Real Estate (alternatively green and energy-efficient construction technologies).
- Broad knowledge of donor funded technical cooperation and capacity building.
- Experience in appraisal and design processes for EU or like-minded development partners is preferred.
- Experience in working in Iraq or KRI preferred. This may be compensated by highly specialised technical experience, subject to suitable coverage in overall team composition.
- Experience in fragile and conflict affected settings would be an advantage.
- Excellent diplomatic, interpersonal and communication skills.
- Demonstrated capacity to draft high-quality English language technical reports for development partners, and to integrate inputs of different team members (examples may be requested as part of the recruitment process).
Commencement date: ASAP
Input: Part-time, contract
Duration of the assignment: Up to 45 working days
Place of the assignment: Iraq
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted.