Project Manager / Portfolio Manager Wastewater (m/f/d)
Type of contract: Unlimited, full-time employment with the Company’s HQ in Germany
Location: Germany or Project Location
For more than 70 years, Dorsch Gruppe has been a respected, innovative consulting and engineering partner for industrial customers, private investors, and public institutions. As a group of companies with over 3,400 employees, we are one of the largest independent planning and consulting groups in Germany, with several international subsidiaries and project offices on all continents. Every year, we carry out over 2,000 projects in more than 50 countries. As part of our global operations, we rely on the creativity, expertise and commitment of our employees to drive our business forward.
Dorsch International Consultants is implementing projects financed by International Financing Institutions including KFW, GIZ, the World Bank, EBRD, EIB, the UN and others. Our work comprises a large variety of sectors such as water & wastewater, energy, social infrastructure, climate, and urban sustainability. We are providing engineering and advisory services along the entire project lifecycle, ranging from studies and investment planning, through design and implementation as well as capacity building and operation and maintenance support.
For our Wastewater and Sanitation Department we are looking for a Project Manager / Portfolio Manager for Wastewater with sound experience in international business development, project implementation and intercultural team management.
- You will take responsibility for the portfolio of the wastewater and sanitation sector in a decentralized organizational set-up;
- Together with your experienced team, you will manage our ongoing international wastewater projects primarily in the Maghreb countries, Francophone Africa and the Balkans;
- You will be responsible for proposal management/writing (technical & financial);
- You will manage our wastewater projects, coordinate and liaise with all relevant stakeholders (client, experts, contractor, consulting team, donor);
- You ensure technical quality assurance related to project progress, reporting and final handover.
Qualifications and Skills:
- University degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or equivalent and 10 or more years of professional experience in international wastewater projects, with experience in projects funded by International Financing Institutions, preferably KfW, GIZ, World Bank and others;
- In-depth technical experience throughout the project cycle, from study, design, bidding, to project implementation/construction supervision in accordance with FIDIC;
- Profound experience in leading multidisciplinary and virtual team in projects worldwide as well as strong team spirit and proven intercultural communication skills;
- Excellent French and English language skills. Good command of the German language would be an asset.
- High level of self-responsible working skills, motivation, assertiveness, and proven decisionmaking ability;
- Willingness to travel as per international project requirements, including mid-term stays, if needed.
- We offer you an exciting field of work in an interdisciplinary and intercultural environment;
- We are a highly dedicated team motivated by our contribution to better livelihoods for people in some 40 countries;
- Permanent employment contract with the company headquarters in Germany;
- Working for a growing international engineering company;
- Flexible working hours with the possibility to work on a mobile basis;
- Continuing education and skills development;
- Own areas of responsibility and freedom to develop own ideas;
- After-work events, company social benefits;
- Company-wide sustainability concepts.
If you are interested:Please send us your most recent English CV, copies of your diploma, your salary expectations and
details on your availability to: email@example.com
Attention: Ms. Uschi Quick, Recruiting und Business Development Manager
Please note that we can only consider applicants who meet the above criteria!