ABA ROLI El Salvador Independent and Effective Justice System Project – Justice Advisor
The USAID-funded El Salvador Independent and Effective Justice System Project (ES Justice Project) Justice Advisor is a senior management position responsible for leading access to justice initiatives and activities to strengthen the effectiveness of the justice sector. Provides technical leadership in work with justice and civil society actors and entities, including providing inputs on reports for major progress in the ES Justice Project, and sharing impact through presenting tangible monitoring and evaluation data to a variety of audiences. The candidate should have demonstrated deep technical knowledge of judicial independence, rule of law, access to justice, and advocacy, and experience in El Salvador or the Latin America region. Salvadoran citizens preferred. This position is subject to the availability of funds and pending USAID management approvals.
· Responsible for leading the technical team, including ensuring successful completion of deliverables and expected results with any needed pivots in program design because of a fluid implementation environment
· Provides strategic and technical leadership in program design, reflection, work planning, reporting, and other implementation touchpoints
· Oversees technical integrity of program deliverables in a variety of rule of law and judicial independence subjects such as due process, access to justice, and mobilization of legal resources and for a wide range of audiences including GOES individuals and entities, the USG donor, and civil society and other partners
· Ensures technical integrity of participant-facing program materials and donor-facing interim and final reports, related technical deliverables, and briefings to the USG donor and partners
· Salvadoran nationals preferred.
· Bachelor or Graduate degree in international development, social science, business, law, communication, or related field.
· At least 5 years of demonstrated experience working on international donor-funded programs on rule of law, access to justice, justice sector strengthening, judicial independence, and similar topics.
· Experience with USAID preferred but not required.
· Demonstrated ability to manage and supervise staff.
· Knowledge and experience on gender and social inclusion.
· Good understanding of legal and rule of law focused Salvadoran civil society organizations and networks, law schools, legal associations, and judicial actors and entities in El Salvador and its development context.
· Solid communication, interpersonal, negotiation, and relation management skills and experience.
· Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining relationships and networks with judicial actors, rule of law and legal focused civil society organizations and networks, development partners and other relevant stakeholders.
To apply, please send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 23, 2023. Please include the name of the position and country (Justice Advisor – El Salvador) in the subject line.
About the Organization
ABA ROLI is a non-profit organization that implements legal reform programs in roughly 40 countries around the world. ABA ROLI has nearly 400 professional staff working abroad and in its Washington, D.C. office. ABA ROLI’s host country partners include judges, lawyers, bar associations, law schools, court administrators, legislatures, ministries of justice and a wide array of civil society organizations, including human rights groups.
For more information about what we do at ABA ROLI please visit: https://www.americanbar.org/advocacy/rule_of_law/about.html