EnCompass LLC is seeking a Learning Evaluation Advisor to support the Learning and Leadership Development practice area. The Learning Evaluation Advisor provides technical leadership and assistance to project teams and is recognized as an internal thought leader on learning evaluation theories, methodologies, and practices. The Learning Evaluation Advisor leads and provides technical guidance for a portfolio of learning evaluation activities, contributes technical expertise to new business development, and is responsible for the technical quality of client deliverables in their area of expertise.
At least 50% of the Learning Evaluation Advisor’s portfolio is expected to be dedicated to the USAID Worldwide Training Services contract which provides training and learning services to USAID staff globally.
For the foreseeable future, EnCompass is using a hybrid work model where most positions are remote with voluntary in-person attendance at the office. The exceptions to this model include scenarios such as if the client requires the role to be in-person. This position can be based in any U.S. state in which EnCompass is registered if the successful candidate is able to work in the Eastern Time zone of the U.S. For US-based positions: Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Leads and advances EnCompass’ approach to training evaluation for external clients and internal EnCompass activities, and leads the EnCompass learning evaluation community of practice
- Using the New World Kirkpatrick Model, leads and mentors staff in the planning, organization, and implementation of a range of evaluation activities across all four levels of training evaluation and for a range of face-to-face, virtual, and hybrid learning activities and programs
- Employs foundational and leading-edge training evaluation theories, techniques, and technical expertise to inform, improve, and build current and future evaluation designs
- Leads and mentors staff in the planning and implementation of learning needs assessments utilizes innovative and collaborative methods to obtain a deeper understanding of the intended audience to evolve existing and future learning program offerings in a strategic and integrated way
- Provides technical direction and oversees the development of learning evaluation strategies aligned with critical development outcomes
- Maintains awareness of leading-edge approaches and methodologies in the broader learning evaluation community and advocates for their integration into internal work designs and processes, as appropriate
- Identifies internal learning and skills-development needs in learning evaluation; partners with talent development resources to support design and development of workshops and learning activities to address these needs
Program and Personnel Management
- Serves as primary EnCompass point of contact with clients on learning evaluation projects and activities, leads projects or learning evaluation activities that may include personnel from across the company, as needed; responsible for maintaining EnCompass quality and brand
- Responsible for the quality of learning evaluations and ensures EnCompass values are employed on every project
- Supervises and manages performance of staff
- Recruits, manages, supports, and ensures quality performance of consultants working on relevant programs
- Develops and nurtures client, team member, and consultant relationships
- Sets up knowledge management and monitoring systems for evaluation activities and contributes to reporting
- Develops and monitors statements of work, budgets, and consultant assignments in close collaboration with the Chief of Party/Team Lead/Project Director and Program and Operations Management team members, as relevant
- Anticipates challenges and risks associated with learning evaluation activities and recommends solutions
- Contributes and/or serves as Technical Lead on proposals related to learning evaluations to include those related to gender and management and leadership development
- Mentors less-experienced staff in contributing to smaller proposals or activities within larger proposals in area of expertise
- Contributes to company business development through networking in professional circles
- Participates in new business generation discussions with potential partners and EnCompass
- Recruits, hires, and manages consultants for proposals and contribute to expansion of the Global Consultant Network
- May supervise staff, partners, and consultants
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing support to other team members as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 14 years of professional experience; Associate’s degree and 12 years of professional experience; Bachelor’s degree and 10 years professional experience; Master’s degree and 8 years of professional experience; or PhD and 6 years of professional experience. Degree in instructional design, education, international affairs, international development, or a related field.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum five (5) years’ experience designing, implementing, and managing tailored learning evaluation activities across different levels
- Demonstrated experience using the New World Kirkpatrick Model in the planning, organization, and implementation evaluation activities required
- Bronze certification in Kirkpatrick Four Levels Evaluation required, Silver certification or higher preferred
- Experience leading the planning and implementation of learning needs assessments using innovative and collaborative methods
- Experience working with international organizations, including USAID, the UN System, US Government, NGOs, and/or the private sector and other stakeholders
- Experience in mentoring, developing skills in others, and cultivating peer-to-peer learning
- Strong leadership, management, and supervision skills
- Adaptive, collaborative, complexity-oriented, and strengths-based leadership style
- An appetite for learning, curiosity, and a willingness to experiment in new ways of working
- Ability to thrive in a collaborative and appreciative work environment and model appreciative approaches for others
- Excellent interpersonal, communications, and relationship-building skills
- Commitment to and experience integrating diversity, equity, inclusion, belonging, and accessibility into work products and collaboration with colleagues
- Strong strategic thinking, planning, organization, project management, and problem-solving skills
- Demonstrated ability to work sensitively in multi-cultural environments and build effective working relations with clients and colleagues
- Ability to travel internationally preferred
- Experience conducting evaluations of learning programs using universal design for learning (UDL) principles or related approaches preferred
- Fluency in language(s) other than English desirable
How to Apply
Please submit CV with a cover letter and complete the application. Important: Cover letter must be included with the application. Applications without Cover letter will not be considered. Candidates who progress through interviews will be asked to submit work samples.
The pay range for this role allows for the wide variety of factors that are considered in making compensation decisions including, but not limited to skill sets, experience and training, certifications, and other business and organizational needs. At EnCompass, it is not typical for an individual to be hired at or near the top of the range for their role and compensation decisions are dependent on the facts and circumstances of each case. A reasonable estimate of the current pay range is $102,617 to $125,527
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.