We are a leading organisation for the implementation of international development projects. We promote inclusive economic, social and ecological development to make an effective contribution towards sustainable and widespread prosperity in developing and emerging economies.
Swisscontact is represented in 41 countries with over 1300 employees. The foundation is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland.
Swisscontact is present in Ukraine since 2020. We are looking for a
Country Director Ukraine
Place of work: Kyiv, Ukraine
Employment start: 1st of August 2023 or by agreement
Contract duration: 2 years; with option of renewal
Specification: non-family duty station
Representing Swisscontact in Ukraine you are responsible for successful project implementations in terms of client satisfaction and the achievement of development and business results. You ensure that the administration of all operations meets external and internal quality requirements. You lead the country office and the acquisition of new projects for the further development of our project portfolio in the country.
- Represent Swisscontact towards donors, partners, the Government of Ukraine and other stakeholders
- Support, oversee and backstop projects – with a focus on our employment & income projects – to ensure successful project implementation
- Lead business development and project acquisition to achieve portfolio growth
- Develop and maintain strong networks in the public and private sectors and the development community (based on active networking and marketing of our capacity to implement complex projects)
- Lead cost and financial risk management including country budgeting
- Oversee admin and finance tasks like institutional registration, overall office operations, internal controls, compliance, audits and reporting
- Ensure understanding and compliance with Swisscontact’s Code of Conduct and Operations Manual
- Monitors the Security Situation, develops and implements Safety and Security Protocols, collaborates with the security community
- At least 8 years of experience in leading and managing projects and/or multi stakeholder initiatives in development cooperation, ideally in Private Sector Development and MSD
- Strong proven experience of acquisition/business development (ability to develop proposals and new business)
- Experience with the Swiss and other bilateral international donors like FCDO
- Private sector experience (collaboration and/or own work experience)
- Experience in interdisciplinary and intercultural project teams outside of home country
- Working experience and understanding of the economic, cultural, social and political environment in Ukraine and the region
- Good knowledge in the use of methodologies related to Private Sector Development, MSD and/or Skills Development as well as to Monitoring and Results Measurement
- Excellent skills in English (verbal and written), Ukrainian is an asset
- Proven leadership skills (participatory)
- Eminent communication, networking and negotiations skills
- Personality of integrityStrong self-awareness and ability to maintain composure in challenging situations
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your online application with the following documents: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas and references until 2 July 2023. Please apply exclusively via the online application portal
For further information please visit www.swisscontact.org.