NIRAS, a leading global engineering consultancy, is currently seeking a proactive and experienced Senior Maritime Engineer to join our dynamic team. With a strong focus on smart and green port development projects across various regions, including Africa, Middle East, Asia, and Europe, this role offers the opportunity to contribute to the entire project lifecycle, from feasibility and planning to construction and operation support.
This role would suit someone currently working as a Senior Port Engineer, Principal Maritime Engineer, Lead Port Planner, Senior Marine Engineer, Port Masterplanner, or in a similar titled role.
As a Senior Maritime Engineer, you will play a pivotal role in the technical input and progress of international port development projects. Your main responsibilities will include:
- Preparing port masterplans and conducting technical, feasibility, and optioneering studies for international port developments.
- Producing deliverables such as calculations, reports, presentations, risk assessments, and drawings.
- Leading inter-disciplinary design teams and managing project packages.
- Collaborating with colleagues, clients, and suppliers to ensure successful project execution.
- Assisting with work-winning activities, including proposal preparation.
- Working in line with NIRAS' QA procedures and mentoring junior team members.
Qualifications and Skills:
To excel in this role, you should possess the following qualifications and skills:
- A relevant degree in civil or structural engineering.
- Chartered with the Institution of Civil Engineers (or equivalent).
- 5 to 10 years of post-graduate experience in maritime engineering.
- A keen interest in digitisation and green port principles.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Proven ability to work collaboratively as part of a team and lead others.
- A flexible and proactive approach to problem-solving.
- A working knowledge or keen interest in port masterplanning (desirable).
- Proficiency in software and IT skills such as Microsoft Office, coding, AutoCAD, BIM, etc. (desirable).
Salary and Benefits:
- Salary: £50,000 - £60,000 per annum, depending on level of experience.
In addition to a competitive salary, NIRAS offers a comprehensive benefits package including:
- 25 days paid annual leave plus public holidays.
- Employee Life Assurance.
- Employer pension contributions, and optional salary sacrifice arrangements.
- Company Sick Pay available from day one of your employment.
- 24/7 access to our Employee Assistance Programme.
- Enhanced provisions for family-friendly leave/pay.
- Paid time off for dependents and emergencies.
- Cycle to Work scheme.
- Flexibility over your working hours.
How to Apply:
To apply for this position, please submit your CV, cover letter, and any relevant portfolio or project examples. Applications will be reviewed continuously before the closing date, so please do not delay in applying.
Please do not hesitate to email Evan Wilcock (Talent Acquisition Partner UK) at firstname.lastname@example.org should you have any questions.
NIRAS is an equal opportunity employer with a focus on Sustainable Development Goals. We value diversity in all its forms and welcome and encourage applications from all backgrounds. We look forward to receiving your application.
Note: Due to time and workload constraints. only shortlisted candidates will be contacted, and should you not receive feedback within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful on this occasion. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.