Within the framework of a tender preparation for the EU4Youth coordination and policy support (under EU4Youth IV - youth engagement and empowerment) in the Easter Neighbourhood (Armenia, Azerbaijan, Belarus, Georgia, Republic of Moldova, Ukraine):
The Team Leader’s responsibilities will include the following tasks (300 working days over 30 months):
- Strategic guidance and overall supervision and coordination of all activities of the project and ensuring that all experts provide high quality deliverables;
- Main contact point for DG NEAR and managing relations with other EU4Youth implementers, the EU Delegations, and other stakeholders;
- Managing the project team and related mobilisation on non-key experts and proposing corrective measures, when necessary;
- Youth policy related expertise and thematic content production in line with the activities of the project;
- Representation of the project in official meetings, moderation and facilitation at project events;
- Ensuring timely delivery of the reporting and attendance of Steering Committee meetings;
- Planning, organisation and monitoring of project activities, contributing with content-related expertise as appropriate.
- A university degree (Bachelor or higher) in social sciences, political sciences, international relations, economics, law, or another relevant, directly related discipline ;
- Knowledge of Russian or other languages used in the partner countries would be an asset ;
- Minimum of 10 years of professional experience in the area of international cooperation ;
- Experience in the position of team leader (or equivalent in terms of responsibility) gained in donor-funded projects in at least two (and preferably more) projects on youth-related topics (e.g. youth policies, youth engagement, education and skills development, youth employment, youth work, disadvantaged youth, etc.) for a total of 4 years, with a minimum duration for each project of 24 months;
- Minimum 5 years of overall professional experience on youth related topics (e.g. youth policies, youth engagement, education and skills development, youth employment, youth work, disadvantaged youth, etc.);
- At least 5 years of experience with the implementation and/or monitoring of EU-funded projects in the Neighbourhood and/or Enlargement regions;
- Out of these 5 years of experience on EU-funded projects in the Neighbourhood and/or Enlargement regions, minimum 3 years of professional experience working in and/or on the Eastern Partnership region.