Juru is looking for an Electrical Primary Design Engineer for Engineering Design and Management Business Unit based in Tashkent. We are looking for an energetic, driven, and motivated professional to be part of our team. The selected candidate will be working on a wide range of IPP-based projects including the engineering of substations of PV Plants, Wind Farms, and CCGT Plants, as well as the designing of utility substations across the Central Asia region.
- Be responsible for the basic and detailed design that includes preparing drawings such as single-line diagrams, physical layouts & sections, grounding layout, conduit and cable routing for substations up to 500 kV;
- Perform various engineering calculations such as HV equipment, auxiliary system, DC & UPS, cable sizing, earthing and lightning calculations, etc.;
- Prepare equipment specifications and datasheets, BOQ, and review the vendor and OEM drawings;
- Coordinate with various disciplines, review work done by other team members;
- Advise on design and design change issues;
- Act as a mentor, lead and guide junior engineers in performing delegated tasks;
- Field visits within projects, if required.
Qualifications & Experience
- Bachelor or master's degree in electrical engineering;
- 3+ years of working experience in substation engineering;
- Skilled in electrical component design calculations, drawings, specifications and schematics;
- Good command of English and Russian, both written and verbal;
- Working knowledge of local design standards/codes is a must;
- Familiarity with international codes and standards is an asset;
- Independent user of AutoCAD, Microsoft office packages;
- Working experience in ETAP, Bentley Substation, Substation Design Suite™ software is a big plus;
- Ability to work in a team-oriented workspace and adapt to new fast-growing dynamic environment;
- Approachable, open minded, good listener, well organized, diligent, self-motivated, and career-oriented;
- Ability to withstand high pressure and deliver results.