Job Title: Partnerships and Technical Delivery Senior Coordinator, Indonesia
Sector: Knowledge and Innovation
Position Type: Part-Time
Duration/Level of Effort: Short-Term
Position Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
SUMMARY OF THE PROJECT
The DFAT-funded Knowledge Partnership Platform (KONEKSI) is Australia’s flagship program in the Indonesia knowledge and innovation sector. KONEKSI’s goal is to achieve an enduring relationship between Indonesia and Australia that advances mutual interest and supports Indonesia’s inclusive and sustainable development. The purpose of the program is to increase the use of knowledge-based solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies. This purpose positions KONEKSI as a vehicle to produce knowledge on complex socio-economic problems, where effective solutions are often beyond a unique sector or category of stakeholders. Knowledge produced though KONEKSI will feed into current GoA supported initiatives in Indonesia and /or will reflect new emerging agendas / priorities that become relevant for the bilateral cooperation in the years to come. It will support both the knowledge to policy cycle (K2P) and the knowledge to innovation cycle (K2I), in a complementary and synergistic way. KONEKSI will focus on two End of Investment Outcomes (EOIOs):
- Australian and Indonesian organisations have increased collaboration and mutual understanding through knowledge partnerships; and
- Innovative solutions for inclusive and sustainable policies and technologies are generated by knowledge partnerships.
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
The Partnerships and Technical Delivery Senior Coordinator will support a range of Partnerships and Technical Delivery tasks and be responsible for delivering their responsibilities in a timely manner to a high standard. The Partnerships and Technical Delivery Consultant will work chiefly within the Partnerships team to support the Call for Proposals implementation process including the professional development training, GoI stakeholder engagement and monitoring and learning of grants. The position will also require working across KONEKSI’s Performance, Planning and Learning (PPL) and GoI Stakeholder teams to support grantees to implement their work plans.
Under the direction of the Head of Technical Delivery, Partnerships and GEDSI, the Partnerships and Technical Delivery Senior Coordinator will be responsible for:
- Supporting the Partnerships team to develop and implement calls for proposals including joint calls for proposals with GoI co-funding, grantee professional development training modules, including identification of Indonesian service providers;
- In collaboration with the Grants Team, monitor and track incoming proposals and inquiries, provide technical support, and assist applicants with the call for proposal application process;
- Support Partnerships Team to facilitate grantee workshops and events;
- Support the Partnerships team to integrate knowledge to innovation programming into partnership engagement;
- Provide support to Partnerships team relating to GoI and act as liaison between the Stakeholder and Partnerships teams on issues relating to research and the innovation sector;
- Provide Partnerships team with regular reports and issues that need to be addressed, particularly as issues relate to grantees and latest developments within GoI;
- Support Partnerships to synthesise information from partner reports, identifying key issues, and communicating findings to the Head of Technical Delivery, Partnerships and GEDSI, as well as the broader KONEKSI Secretariat, as required;
- Liaise routinely with the PPL team to ensure that program information needs are supported with data from partner reporting, other M&E methods or through specific research studies;
- Contribute to KONEKSI internal and external reporting;
- In collaboration with the Partnerships team, produce partner performance report summaries on a particular topic based on partner progress reports; and
- In coordination with the Communications team, support the facilitation of learning events for partners and other members of the KONEKSI team.
- Master’s degree in international development, policy and innovation, or related discipline.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience working in the research and innovation sector.
- Analytical capacity and demonstrated ability to process and analyse technical information from different sectors;
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills and working in a cross-cultural environment;
- Knowledge of GEDSI and demonstrated personal championship of GEDSI principles;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple priorities simultaneously, while executing against key deliverables with excellence;
- Knowledge of research and innovation sector in Indonesia including appropriate levels of knowledge about GoI and how changes may impact the research sector;
- Familiarity with quantitative and qualitative research methods;
- Demonstrated facilitation and communication skills, including experience facilitating participatory events and workshops; and
- Demonstrated interpersonal relations and networking skills and ability to develop and nurture relationships with stakeholders.
- Fluency in English and Bahasa Indonesia
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 5:00pm Western Indonesia Time on 29 September 2023/as soon as possible.
- Applications should be sent to KONEKSI by email to: email@example.com, by 29th September 2023 COB (05.00 PM, Western Indonesia Time)
- Open to Indonesian Nationals ONLY
- Please write “KONEKSI Partnerships and Technical Delivery Consultant” in the email subject line.
- Women and people from diverse background are encouraged to apply.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater International is a leading global development consulting company founded in 1985. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with corporate hubs in Montreal, Canada, Brussels, Belgium, and London UK. Cowater International has successfully delivered a portfolio of over 2500 projects and assignments in more than 95 countries. We work with governments, private sector actors and communities implementing projects that support socio-economic development, institutional strengthening, environmental improvements and advance equal opportunities for all. We are a diverse and experienced team committed to building a better tomorrow for the people we serve. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.