DT Global seeks an experienced Strategic Advisor to lead the overall strategy, delivery and operations of an anticipated FCDO funded technology programme – the Tech CoE.
The Technology Centre of Expertise (CoE) aims to build capacity in emerging technologies in partner countries on behalf of the Foreign, Commonwealth and Development Office (FCDO). It is anticipated that the Tech CoE will do this through research and technical assistance facilities.
Primary Roles and Responsibilities
The Strategic Advisor will be responsible for leading the strategy and implementation of the Tech Centre of Expertise, supported by a Senior Programme Manager, this will include:
- Designing and launching the Tech Centre of Expertise brand, vision and structures;
- Setting strategic direction for and overseeing the technology evidence fund and the technical assistance facility to commission research calls and mobilise expertise to support the digital and technological transformation of FCDO partner countries;
- Adaptive programme management to respond to changing needs and priorities;
- Leveraging academia and business networks to respond to research calls and technical assistance needs;
- Establishing links to existing FCDO programmes and interventions and co-ordinating to direct support requests as appropriate;
- Co-ordinating with FCDO and other Government departments including holding advisory board and steering board relationships;
- Connecting evidence and technical assistance within countries and across regions and globally
Essential Experience and Knowledge
- Minimum of ten years international development programming and policy experience, preferably for FCDO.
- Proven experience in leading large, multi disciplinary consortia.
- Strong linkages with innovation and technology professional networks.
- Proven experience establishing a vision and setting strategic direction for both technical assistance and research.
- Effective communication and negotiation skills.
- Demonstrable ability to foster collaborative relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Working effectively across different government departments including UK Government departments and with FCDO in county posts.
- Familiarity with existing FCDO Tech & Innovation Unit (TIU) programmes and other tech-focused programming.
- Proven experience in critical analysis, report writing, the management of staff performance, as well as experience with monitoring and evaluation.
- Proven track record in the oversight of funding, project management and financial reporting processes including risk management.
Desirable Experience and Knowledge
- Thematic knowledge of one or more of FCDO technologies of focus (quantum technologies, artificial intelligence, engineering biology, semiconductors, telecoms and data as an enabler).
- Postgraduate qualifications (masters and above) in development economics or another appropriate related field.
Appointing a successful candidate to this position will be contingent on the outcome of the bid.
Amendments to the position’s terms of reference may be made during the period of the tender as required.
How to Apply
Please forward your CV along with details of your anticipated fee rate to Mihaela.Vocila@dt-global.com, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis so you are encouraged to apply as soon as possible.
About DT Global
DT Global partners with communities, governments, and the private sector to provide award-winning, technical expertise focused on promoting local leadership and global accountability to deliver innovative, sustainable, data-driven solutions and inclusive development.
Our business has a global presence—almost 2,500 staff and experts in over 100 countries—and a strong commitment to use and build local capacity and empower local voices. We meet communities on the development spectrum and help them navigate to where they want to be.
Our expertise covers a range of practice areas, including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure (with the focus on sustainable infrastructure), Governance, Human Development, Conflict Prevention, and Stabilisation & Transition.
DT Global—launched in 2019—is built on legacy companies AECOM International Development’s Services Sector, Development Transformations, IMC Worldwide and Cardno International Development. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, networks and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders. To fulfill its profit-for-purpose mission, DT Global is a key donor to the DT Institute, an independent not-for-profit organisation, in support of DTI’s efforts to test new ideas or expand on donor partner priorities with the aim to improve as many lives as possible.
With corporate offices in Australia, USA, the United Kingdom, and Spain, in addition to project field offices around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including DFAT, MFAT, DFID, USAID, EU, NC, and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid programme adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world.
For more information, please see www.dt-global.com