Sheladia Associates is seeking a professional Resettlement Expert to join our team for a transport sector proposal in Mozambique. This is a full-time (on-site), long term consulting opportunity that will last for minimum of one year with six additional Option Years.
The objective of the Project is to support economic growth and social development in the Province of Zambézia and Mozambique through (1) constructing a climate resilient Licungo Bridge and Bypass of the City of Mocuba, (2) improving selected roads in Zambézia, (3) improving the funding and operational efficiency of road maintenance, especially in Zambézia, and (4) addressing key barriers to women's mobility and social inclusion in the roads sector
Specific Duties for this position will include
· Carry out RAP preparation, RAP implementation in the project road corridor, site camp areas, borrow pits and quarry areas
· Assist the Client to coordinate government authorities (national, municipal and district), for the approval of resettlement and livelihood restoration plans all in accordance with the Client requirements.
· Coordinate the resettlement program with the road and bridge works to avoid conflicts and minimize the overall Project implementation period
· Bachelor’s degree in social sciences or other directly relevant discipline.
· Minimum of 10 years’ overall experience.
· Minimum of 5 years’ resettlement planning and implementation experience including with linear infrastructure developments of similar scope, size, and complexity in accordance with IFC PS5 or equivalent international standards.
· Fluent in English.
· Fluent Portuguese and able to communicate in local languages of Zambézia.
All qualified candidates please send your resume and cover letter to jobs@Sheladia.com.
SHELADIA Associates is a multi-disciplinary international professional consulting firm with demonstrated experience in the successful management and implementation of development projects worldwide. SHELADIA believes practicality and sustainability in development projects require flexible resource management, active participation of all stakeholders, and a shared goal of strengthening institutions and operational systems to optimize available resources.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer.