Swisscontact is an independent non-profit organisation established in 1959 by personalities from the Swiss private sector and civil society. We foster sustainable and inclusive economic development in emerging and developing economies by unleashing the potential of private initiative.
Our involvement is based on three pillars: We strengthen the competencies of individuals so they can improve their sources of income and opportunities for employment; we enhance the competitiveness of companies to help them grow and become more resilient; and we promote socio-economic systems that favour inclusive development and shared prosperity.
Swisscontact is currently active in over 130 projects in 41 countries with around 1400 employees. It is headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland.
The Department “Products & Solutions” defines standards and methodologies for project implementation and impact measurement, provides guidance and support to project teams, facilitates knowledge exchange, and develops and tests new methods and innovative solutions in collaboration with the projects. It also offers Advisory, Training and Applied Research on the market and plays a pivotal role in positioning Swisscontact as a leading development organization by providing the conceptual framework and defining the scope of its work. The Department currently encompasses four teams: Inclusive Economic Development, Skills Labour & Migration, Climate Change & Food Systems, and Impact Measurement & Learning.
To complement our Executive Board, we are seeking a new
Director Products & Solutions (100% with the possibility of Job-sharing)
Member of the Executive Board
Place of work: Zurich, Switzerland
Start Date: January 1st 2024 or by mutual agreement
- As Member of the Executive Board, you contribute to the strategic, operational, financial, and administrative management and performance of Swisscontact based on the statutes and the by-laws of the foundation.
- You lead a dedicated and professional team that supports quality project design and best practice implementation to achieve sustainable impact at scale promoting Swisscontact Sustainability Strategy and working principles.
- You stimulate and streamline innovation and guide institutional knowledge exchange, thematic and digital learning and project impact measurement.
- You contribute to strengthening Swisscontact’s capacity and positioning as a shaper and influencer of successful and result-oriented economic development cooperation.
- You develop strategic partnerships with academia and the private sector, co-create project ideas and facilitate funding of these ventures.
- You ensure the operational and financial management of the P&S Department including the provision of advisory and training services based on a business plan.
- You provide strategic guidance to your team and inspire and empower your collaborators, promoting teamwork.
- You represent Swisscontact in relevant external organizations and networks to position, and to promote innovation and services.
- Strong leadership skills with relevant experience in leading and empowering interdisciplinary, intercultural and remote teams around the globe. Proven ability to set priorities.
- Good listener and reliable team player with excellent social and communication skills. Strong facilitator and bridge-builder oriented at solutions. Resistant to pressure.
- Good understanding of development cooperation paired with technical expertise in the fields of work of Swisscontact, ideally including work experience in the implementation of economic development projects in the global south. Familiarity with methodological approaches in private sector development.
- Business-oriented mindset and knowledge of consultancy business.
- Ability to build constructive and sustainable partnerships.
- Availability for periodic travel to countries in the global south (around 4 times per year)
- Excellent skills in English
- Relevant experience in consultancy.
- Strong networks in the Swiss Development Cooperation and related academic and corporate sectors.
- Language Skills in German, Spanish and French.
- Familiar with content and knowledge management systems and strategies.
Swisscontact offers attractive working conditions in an international and multicultural context. We see our work as a joint effort in an agile organizational culture: mutual respect, trust and teamwork.
We look forward to receiving your online application unitl October 10th with the following documents: letter of motivation, curriculum vitae, diplomas and references.
For further information please visit www.swisscontact.org.