Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП ООН) - це гуманітарна організація ООН, яка надає продовольчу допомогу у вигляді грошових коштів, сертифікатів або продуктів харчування громадам, що постраждали від війни. У своїй діяльності ВПП керується гуманітарними принципами нейтралітету, неупередженості, гуманності та незалежності. Спираючись на пристрасть, відданість та професіоналізм наших 24 000 співробітників по всьому світу, Всесвітня продовольча програма (ВПП) працює в понад 123 країнах і територіях, щоб доставляти життєво необхідну їжу людям, які залишилися переміщеними внаслідок конфлікту та знедоленими внаслідок катастроф. Крім того, ВПП допомагає окремим особам і громадам знайти кардинальні рішення для багатьох проблем, з якими вони стикаються, будуючи краще майбутнє.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
- Vacancy Announcement n°: 829575
- Job Title: Programme Policy Officer - Head of Programme Dnipro Field Office - P3
- Type of Contract: P3, Limited Fixed Term
- Unit / Division: Programme / WFP Ukraine
- Duty Station: Dnipro
- Duration: 12 months (renewable)
- Closing date: 5th of October
- The position is only open to International Staff
Successful candidates will be placed on the roster and rostered applicants may be contacted in the upcoming 12 months on an as-needed basis, for immediate opportunities. Selected candidates may be extended an offer for a similar analogous post in Ukraine.
The World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian organization saving lives in emergencies and using food assistance to build a pathway to peace, stability, and prosperity, for people recovering from conflict, disasters, and the impact of climate change.
At WFP, people are at the heart of everything we do, and the vision of the future WFP workforce is one of the diverse, committed, skilled, and high-performing teams, selected on merit, operating in a healthy and inclusive work environment, living WFP's values (Integrity, Collaboration, Commitment, Humanity, and Inclusion) and working with partners to save and change the lives of those WFP serves.
To learn more about WFP, visit our website: UN World Food Programme (WFP), and follow us on social media to keep up with our latest news: YouTube, LinkedIn, Instagram, Facebook, and Twitter.
COUNTRY CONTEXT/ ORGANIZATIONAL CONTEXT:
Ukraine is a lower middle-income country with an estimated population - as of October 2022 - of 35.6 million people, down from 43.8 million in 2021 due to the large-scale displacement caused by the most recent conflict with the Russian Federation. Since 2014, Ukraine has experienced armed conflict with the Russian Federation, with the conflict in the Donbas and the annexation of Crimea creating the context for the re-escalation in February 2022. The resumption of conflict has had a devastating impact on the country’s people, infrastructure, and economy, resulting in thousands of lives being lost, and in the largest mass forced displacement in Europe since World War II.
The World Food Programme is supporting over three million people in Ukraine, under-kind, Cash-Based Transfers, and other interventions. Having the largest part of the emergency in-kind operations implemented in the Eastern frontline areas.
BACKGROUND AND PURPOSE OF THE ASSIGNMENT:
The position is based in one of the three Field Offices in Ukraine. The Dnipro Field Office Head of Programme reports to the Dnipro Head of Field Office.
The job holder will be expected to manage programme across the seven oblasts under Dnipro Field Office (Dnipro, Poltava, Kharkov, Luhansk, Donetsk, Zaporizhzhia, and Kropyvnytskyi) that effectively meet food assistance needs and provide technical advice and oversight on programme strategy formulation, alignment with Ukraine national programme strategy. While ensuring effective implementation and coordination with local stakeholders, and other food actors within Dnipro Field Office.
- Coordinate and manage Programme activities at field level, in line with the Country Office strategy and the practical realities of operating in the field.
- Supervise day-to-day management and implementation of the Programme including addressing operational issues, awareness raising on programme objectives and procedures, interaction with stakeholders (such as Government departments and WFP NGO partners) and training and support to WFP staff in good practice guidelines.
- Provide technical advice or mobilize technical expertise, on programmatic issues including assessment, the choice of objectives, activities, transfer modalities and appropriate food products, the deployment and testing of innovative approaches and the development of strategies to support efforts to reduce hunger and malnutrition.
- Ensure the programme remains compliant with all WFP policies and procedures.
- Develop and maintain WFP operational and strategic partnerships and maintain an active engagement with Cooperating Partners.
- Coordinate to ensure no geographical overlap between WFP partners.
- Cooperate with Government stakeholders and other partners to identify where food assistance is needed, and provide support and technical expertise for the planning, formulation and implementation of food assistance programmes to strengthen government and community ownership and effectiveness of food security and nutrition programmes at the local level.
- In cooperation with stakeholders, recommend ways to refine the programme and thereby improve the service offered to beneficiaries and facilitate implementation by WFP.
- Coordinate at the interagency level, ensuring WFP’s representation for the areas covered by the Field Office in coordination meetings inter agency assessments, etc.
- Ensure field-level monitoring of implementation, liaise with the Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) team in the development of operational M&E methodology and formats and oversee the preparation and dissemination of timely field reports for internal use.
- Support the Country Office with the preparation of implementation plans, based on needs directly collected by WFP, or shared by local authorities and partners.
- Complete internal and external reporting obligations (including weekly field office SitRep, donor reports etc.).
- Identify lessons learnt, and best practices established for use in further WFP cash & food programme interventions.
- Any other related tasks.
SPECIFIC QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Knowledge & Skills:
Education: Advanced University degree in International Affairs, Economics, Nutrition/Health, Agriculture, Environmental Science, Social Sciences, or other field relevant to international development assistance, or First University Degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- A minimum of five years of professional experience in emergency operations and implementation, Knowledge of the Programme lifecycle and food assistance, knowledge of the different transfer modalities (Food, Cash, Voucher) and broad knowledge of specialized areas (i.e. Nutrition, VAM, etc.)
- Ability to translate understanding of programme principles in emergencies and protracted conflict situations into relevant, effective, and context-specific approaches.
- Has worked in a Country Office or equivalent level position within a technical area and/or has led a field-office programme team or a substantial component of a complex programme.
- Demonstrated ability to design, implement, monitor, and provide oversight over effective and efficient programmes deploying different transfer modalities.
Has worked in a Country Office or equivalent level position within a technical area and/or has led a field-office programme team or a substantial component of a complex programme.
Demonstrated ability to design, implement, monitor, and provide oversight over effective and efficient programmes deploying different transfer modalities.
Languages: Fluency (level C) in English language. Knowledge of Ukrainian is an added advantage
Why work with us:
The war in Ukraine has had drastic consequences, both for people inside the country and for those around the world dependent on its huge grain supplies. It has caused one of the fastest forced population movements since the Second World War. Close to 8 million Ukrainians are living as refugees across Europe, and another 5.3 million are internally displaced. Many are destitute, having lost their homes and livelihoods. As food production and supply lines are disrupted by fighting, many families in the east and south do not have reliable access to nutritious food.
WFP uses a flexible mix of food and cash assistance to support vulnerable Ukrainians wherever they are. This includes working with local partners to distribute food rations in areas near the frontline and providing cash transfers wherever people have access to banks and markets to buy food. Since March 2022, WFP has distributed food and cash assistance equivalent to 1.9 billion meals to families displaced and affected by the war, partnering directly with local responders.
➡️ WFP is a 2020 Nobel Peace Prize Laureate.
➡️ WFP offers a highly inclusive, diverse, and multicultural working environment.
➡️ WFP invests in the personal & professional development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, coaching, mentorship, and other programs as well as through internal mobility opportunities.
➡️ A career path in WFP provides an exciting opportunity to work across various countries, regional and global offices around the world, and with passionate colleagues who work tirelessly to ensure that effective humanitarian assistance reaches millions of people across the globe.
➡️ WFP offers a competitive benefits package including salary, leave plus medical insurance.
Standards of behaviour:
The WFP Leadership Framework describes the common standards of behaviour that guide HOW we work together to accomplish our mission.
Leads by Example with Integrity
|Drives Results and Delivers on Commitments||
Fosters Inclusive and Collaborative Teamwork
|Applies Strategic Thinking||Builds and Maintains Sustainable Partnerships|
|Lives the WFP values and shows humanity and integrity by role-modeling care for others||Delivers on commitments and adapts readily to change||Is inclusive and collaborative, and contributes to a culture of learning and personal growth||Demonstrates commitment to gathering perspectives, analyze options and risks, and proposing new ways of doing things
Builds and nurtures external partnerships and collaborates with partners to deliver common objectives
Different expectations of behaviours are defined depending on your grade and role/responsibilities within WFP. Candidates’ alignment with these behaviours is assessed in our selection process.
Before you apply:
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles. All employment decisions are made based on organizational needs, job requirements, merit, and individual qualifications. WFP is committed to providing an inclusive work environment free of sexual exploitation and abuse, all forms of discrimination, any kind of harassment, sexual harassment, and abuse of authority. Therefore, all selected candidates will undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
We aim to achieve parity in our teams in Ukraine. Qualified women applicants are especially encouraged to apply.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service
How do you apply:
To be considered, you are invited to apply via WFP’s recruitment portal. CV and cover letter must be submitted in English language.
Only those who are short-listed candidates will be contacted for the next steps of our recruitment process.
We also encourage you to create your candidate profile and set up WFP job alerts to learn more about all the opportunities available to join us and make a difference in the lives of the people we serve.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The Deadline for Applications shall be on the 5th of October at 11:59 PM Ukraine time.