TERMS AND CONDITIONS
- JOB TITLE: Administrative Assistant – Travel and Fleet
- TYPE AND LEVEL OF CONTRACT: G4
- UNIT/DIVISION: Management Services Unit
- DUTY STATION (City, Country): Cairo/Egypt
- REPORT TO (Job title): Administration Associate
- DURATION: 12 months renewable
- Linked to Systems/ FP: WINGS, WeTravel, FMS, UN Booking Hub, WSS, ITS and any other WFP corporate platforms as they evolve.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
To support effective delivery and maintenance of client-focused, value-for-money-oriented quality administrative services in the areas of travel, fleet and vendor management.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive nor exhaustive):
- Act as a Travel Focal Point (TFP) and provide information to Travelers on all matters related to WFP official travel.
- Liaise with the Travel Agent and WFP Protocol Services Section on visa requirements, as required.
- Creates/modifies/completes Trip Documents on WINGS II or WeTravel for approval.
- Review DSA computations ensuring they match TA data.
- Review travel claims and supporting documentation for completeness, accuracy, reasonableness, validity, and conformity with the WFP Travel Manual, and refer any irregularities to management.
- Verify air ticket invoices and follow up with the Travel Agent on pending credit notes, refunds, and corrective actions (if any).
- Liaise with Travel Agent ensuring WFP gets the best service and price for all travels.
- Assist in generating quantitative reports for the Travel Section
- Monitor and respond to queries sent to the shared mailboxes and GSMT pertaining to travel and fleet.
- Raise the monthly MSLS on WeTravel in a timely and accurate manner.
- Maintain a full and updated set of records, trackers, and reports for auditing purposes and to enable informed decision-making based on accurate data.
- Support the Fleet Manager in the distribution of Drivers’ daily errands and maintain an updated tracker.
- Monitor Drivers’ overtime and verify the monthly overtime sheets under the overall supervision of the Fleet Manager.
- Perform other duties as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Holder of a bachelor’s degree in business/Public Administration, Commerce, Management, or any other related field.
- 4 or more years of work experience in general administration work is required.
- Direct experience in travel management and/or fleet management.
- Previous UN experience or int’l experience is an asset.
- Previous experience with ERP systems is an asset.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Demonstrate subject matter expertise in at least one of the following areas: travel management and fleet management.
- Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Team player and ability to work in a multicultural environment.
- High attention to detail and high level of accuracy.
- Highly motivated, committed, and flexible in meeting work exigencies.
- Fluency in both oral and written communication in both Arabic and English is required.
WFP Leadership Framework: Common Standards of Behaviour
|Leads by Example with Integrity||
Upholds WFP values, principles, and Standards
Demonstrates the WFP values, Principles and Standards
Respect Others and value diversity
Values diversity using respectful and inclusive language
Stays Focused and calm under pressure
Stays focused and calm when under pressure
Demonstrates humility and a willingness to learn
Shows humility and a willingness to learn and share knowledge, seeking and acting feedback, and taking up opportunities to develop
|Drives Results and Delivers on commitments||
Delivers results for maximum impact
is accountable for the delivery of results
Seeks guidance and support where needed
Adapts readily to change
Adapts readily to change and adjusting work as needed
|Fosters inclusive and collaborative||
is inclusive and collaborative
Promotes teamwork by sharing ideas and openly raising issues
Gives timely and constructive feedback
Gives timely and constructive feedback to others
Builds and shares new perspectives
Listens attentively to others and shares view
|Applies Strategic thinking||
Communicates and fulfils WFP's vision
Embraces WFP's vision
Embraces curiosity and new ways of doing things
Shows curiosity and implements new ways of doing things when relevant
Analyses and evaluates data
Gathers data and shares knowledge to inform team activities
Considers the impact of decisions
Asks questions to understand the impact of decisions for their objectives
|Builds and Maintain sustainable partnership||
Acts Professionally with external partners
Collaborates to deliver common objectives
work together with partners to deliver common goals
These jobs are found in Country Offices (COs), Regional Bureaux (RBs), and Headquarters (HQ). Job holders may either perform administrative support functions in the front office and report to the Business Support Associate, or provide administrative support to team(s) with the reporting line to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate. In cases where these positions support a specific business stream, the reporting line may be to the relevant Head of Unit, Chief, or the designate.
At this level, work is carried out under minimal supervision. Job holders are expected to produce organised and accurate work, undertaking specific business support activities. They may offer guidance on standard practices to more junior staff in their area of work.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
The deadline for application will be the 11th of October at 11:59 p.m.
WFP celebrates and embraces diversity. It is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all its employees and encourages qualified candidates to apply irrespective of race, color, national origin, ethnic or social background, genetic information, gender, gender identity and/or expression, sexual orientation, religion or belief, HIV status or disability.
Qualified Female candidates and Individuals with disabilities are especially encouraged to apply.
WFP is committed to an accessible, inclusive recruitment process. Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to advise us of any disability-related reasonable accommodation or accessibility requests you may have. A member of the reasonable accommodation team will contact you to confidentially discuss your needs. This email is only to be used for any disability-related accessibility requirements, and not for sending the application itself. Due to the volume of applications, any applications or CVs sent through this email address will not be considered as a formal application and will not receive a reply from WFP.
WFP has a zero-tolerance approach to conduct such as fraud, sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. All selected candidates will be expected to adhere to WFP’s standards of conduct and will therefore undergo rigorous background verification internally or through third parties. Selected candidates will also be required to provide additional information as part of the verification exercise. Misrepresentation of information provided during the recruitment process may lead to disqualification or termination of employment
WFP will not request payment at any stage of the recruitment process including at the offer stage. Any requests for payment should be refused and reported to local law enforcement authorities for appropriate action.