Job Title: Regional Project Officer, Indonesia
Sector: Project, Operations
Position Type: Full-Time
Duration/Level of Effort: Long-Term
Position Location: Jakarta, Indonesia
SUMMARY OF THE POSITION
Reporting directly to a Project Director or Senior Project Manager/s of the Social, Economic and Environment Division (SEED), the Project Officer’s role will be to support the ongoing operations of active projects in Indonesia, Cambodia and Vietnam, contribute to winning new priority projects, and serve as a social development specialist (or related subject matter specialist) on specific project teams for SEED or other Cowater divisions as opportunities arise. The role is designed to provide a variety of experiences for the candidate to encourage growth. The candidate will manage the delivery of projects, and will work with Cowater Directors, Senior Managers, and field project teams to do so effectively. Cowater’s project work is focused entirely on initiatives located in developing and emerging market countries and overseas. Consequently, travel to these countries may be required for carrying out specific project or business development related assignments.
Project management and implementation
- Support/manage day-to-day project activities in line with the project’s terms of reference and contract (e.g., finances, operations, team management, project deliverables, risk management);
- Collaborate with and support Cowater’s Directors/Senior Managers and field project teams to achieve project objectives and daily execution of implementation tasks;
- Provide support in the preparation, submission, and quality control of donor reports (technical/financial reports) and/or related presentations that meet Cowater and the donor’s standards;
- Support robust contract, financial, and risk management of projects, and compliance with contractual requirements;
- Carry out research in support of the realization of certain project activities;
- Support the planning and establishment of travel arrangements for field missions as necessary;
- Perform additional tasks according to the needs of the team.
Coordination and Logistics
- Assist with ensuring that all project administrative activities are coordinated effectively.
- Assist with scheduling.
- Assist with correspondence with project staff, partners, and suppliers.
- Assist in the preparation of letters or expressions of interest.
- Coordinate travel arrangements including booking flights and obtaining visas as required for personnel and consultants and provide all related logistical support.
- Coordinate and provide logistical support for event preparation, conference attendance, Study Tours, and counterpart visits.
- Provide administrative support to long-term field personnel.
- Draft contracts (for approval by Project Manager/Director) for project personnel and subcontractor organizations.
- Maintain up-to-date lists of contact numbers and coordinates for personnel.
- Work closely with Directors/Managers to draft and/or revise all contracts and contract amendments, ensuring they are in line with the program’s objectives.
- Maintain the national staff list up to date, including keeping record of new employees and employees’ termination, and all other related information.
- Follow-up on contract anniversary dates, performance appraisals, salary increases, etc.
- Work closely with the PM/PD to ensure that salaries are in line with approved budgets and Cowater’s policies.
- Liaise with personnel in the field to obtain all contract-related documents.
- Assist the Project Financial Officer in liaising with consultants (when applicable) on submission of timesheets, expense claims, invoices, deliverables, etc., and respond to inquiries as required.
- Ensure consultants have the required insurance coverage while working on projects and ensure proof of insurance is on file.
- Organize and arrange orientation for new project team members, especially Team Leaders, in consultation with the Project Director/Manager.
- Working with the Project Financial Officer, assist Project Directors/Managers with procurement by gathering the required competitive quotes and ensuring all paperwork is completed.
- Support/carry out research and analysis that will aid in the design of projects and proposals, including participating in business development missions;
- Support/manage business development opportunities based on Cowater’s key/strategic clients, including DFAT, GAC, FCDO, EU;
- Contribute to the development of innovative and successful approaches to proposals and projects, including identifying strong technical teams, consortia, and technical approaches;
- Contribute to the preparation of technical and commercial proposals, including ensuring full compliance with donor requirements;
- Convey the quality of our approach, team and capability compellingly to donors and clients through writing and delivering clear, accessible and well-structured documents and presentations; and
- Negotiate effectively with consultants and sub-contractors.
- A bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline (i.e., economics, political science, international development, business administration, etc.) with at least 3 years of relevant work experience.
This position is open for individuals currently based in Indonesia who possess the following required skills and experience:
- Proven ability to coordinate project activities;
- Professional experience in the design and delivery of development projects in developing countries;
- Proven skills in research, analysis, and report writing, including writing and reviewing (quality control) project reports and proposals;
- Strong interpersonal skills – an ability to build and maintain strong relationships based on trust and mutual respect with clients, counterparts, sub-contractors, and team members;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (reports, workplans, proposals, presentations, etc.);
- Strong organizational skills, with a focus on results;
- Strong team-working skills;
- Ability to take initiative – a penchant for taking personal accountability – and to collaborate effectively with others;
- Advanced Microsoft Word (formatting – section breaks, table of contents, inserting PDFs, etc.);
- Mastery of the most common IT tools (MS Word, Excel, PPT, Teams);
- Capacity to work under pressure and tight deadlines; and
- Excellent command of written and spoken English.
Candidates are encouraged to apply by 10 October 2023/as soon as possible.
For your application to be considered, please upload your documents as followed: Candidate Last Name, First Name, date, Title of the Position.
Cowater International is an equal opportunity employer, basing employment on merit and qualifications as they relate to professional experience and position expectations. Cowater does not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of race, religion, sex, gender identity, disability, age, or any other basis protected by law.
We thank all applicants, however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
Cowater International is a leading global development consulting company founded in 1985. Headquartered in Ottawa, Canada and with corporate hubs in Montreal, Canada, Brussels, Belgium, and London UK. Cowater International has successfully delivered a portfolio of over 2500 projects and assignments in more than 95 countries. We work with governments, private sector actors and communities implementing projects that support socio-economic development, institutional strengthening, environmental improvements and advance equal opportunities for all. We are a diverse and experienced team committed to building a better tomorrow for the people we serve. Our adaptive approach to management has led to our yearly award-winning work and recognition as one of Canada’s Best Managed Companies since 2017.
We thank you for your interest in building a better tomorrow with Cowater International.