Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Technical Deputy Chief of Party, Madagascar RFSA
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Technical Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming resilience food security activity funded by USAID. The program will improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through multi-year resilience food and nutrition security activities in a to-be-determined region of Madagascar. These activities will work at the individual, household, community, and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition and strengthen transformative opportunities.
The Technical Deputy Chief of Party will support the Chief of Party in attaining project goals and objectives by providing technical advice and direction when appropriate. They will oversee day-to-day planning, design, and operations of project and technical teams to ensure effective project implementation. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Madagascar.
- Serve as principal point of contact in Madagascar for procedural and substantive matters in the absence of the Chief of Party.
- Support the development of strategic plans, annual and quarterly work plans, and other deliverables in line with USAID guidelines to achieve objectives.
- Support the development of strong M&E mechanisms, program monitoring tools, and efficient systems to ensure high quality implementation.
- Prepare and/or assist in the preparation of reports and documents to USAID, national governments, ACDI/VOCA headquarters, and other partner organizations.
- Work closely with subcontractors and private sector associations in the region to provide technical and organizational assistance.
- Oversee and provide technical guidance for market and food systems enterprise development, finance, and investment, with integration of gender and nutrition considerations.
- Ensure project staff implement market facilitation and value chain development concepts and approaches in a sustainable manner and are committed to value chain upgrading strategies.
- Provide technical assistance to program beneficiaries in market identification and development, market systems development, agricultural supply chain management, private sector development, business development, and promotion of investments.
- Identify and effectively manage all key risks related to the program, including compliance with donor transparency and due diligence requirements.
- Ensure that synergies among Activity elements and grantees are capitalized upon.
- Represent ACDI/VOCA with partners and key stakeholders, maintain positive relationships with USAID, local authorities, and the country office team.
- Provide input into the performance monitoring plan to measure success and validate causal model assumptions.
- Bachelor’s degree in agriculture, economics, business administration, or relevant field is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant, progressively responsible management experience.
- Proven track record of implementing and/or managing market systems or agribusiness development activities.
- Experience implementing donor-funded programs is required; USAID experience is preferred.
- Possess a combination of technical familiarity and management skills that span the subject areas covered by the activities.
- Demonstrated ability to provide technical assistance and advisory services to a range of financial service providers.
- Experience working in Madagascar preferred.
- Fluency in English and French required.
Malagasy nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.