Since 1963 and in 148 countries, ACDI/VOCA has empowered people in developing and transitional nations to succeed in the global economy. Based in Washington, D.C., ACDI/VOCA is a nonprofit international development organization that designs and delivers technical and management solutions in agriculture, economic growth, and resilience to promote economic prosperity and social inclusion.
Operations Deputy Chief of Party, Madagascar RFSA
ACDI/VOCA is seeking a Operations Deputy Chief of Party for an upcoming resilience food security activity funded by USAID. The program will improve and sustain the food and nutrition security of vulnerable populations through multi-year resilience food and nutrition security activities in a to-be-determined region of Madagascar. These activities will work at the individual, household, community, and institutional levels to address the underlying causes of food insecurity and malnutrition and strengthen transformative opportunities.
The Operations Deputy Chief of Party will be the senior program representative in the office with overall responsibility for operations. By overseeing activities across strategic objectives, they will ensure integration across interventions and will provide smooth, efficient, and compliant operational environment. The program is anticipated to start in 2024 and this position will be based in Madagascar.
- Provide support to programmatic teams, including identifying and promoting clear communications on issues of budget management and programmatic activities, compliance, project operations and documentation
- Promote management skills and capacity of the respective departments, senior supervisory staff regarding USG regulations and policies; support effective and efficient oversight of department activities
- Ensure contractual compliance with ACDI/VOCA and donor regulations and coordinate with ACDI/VOCA’s awards and compliance team in Washington, DC
- Ensure that internal and external programmatic reports are of high quality; work with other departments in the finalization of reports prior to final review by COP
- Support the COP in responding to stakeholder requests for information; liaise with other partners and stakeholders as requested
- Oversee the development of program budgets in coordination with the Finance Director; work with technical staff to develop detailed implementation plans
- Lead development of internal control systems and monitor and close coordinate with internal and external auditors
- Ensure compliance with procurement policies and oversee the procurement functions for international and local procurements
- Support technical personnel with reporting and project management
- Assume responsibility for development of effective communications materials and reports for donor
- Bachelor’s degree in food security, nutrition, market systems development, and/or value chain development is required; master’s degree preferred.
- Minimum 7 years of experience managing large, multi-year USAID funded projects with multiple implementing partners and relevant food security/livelihoods experience.
- Proven leadership skills and demonstrated experience recruiting, developing and mentoring, and managing staff.
- Knowledge of and experience with USAID rules and regulations is required.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with activity stakeholders: donors, partners, local government institutions, local communities, and vulnerable groups.
- Excellent writing and communication skills.
- Experience working in Madagascar preferred.
- Fluency in English and French required.
Malagasy nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please apply online at www.acdivoca.org/international-jobs. The applications will be reviewed promptly upon receipt, only finalists will be contacted. ACDI/VOCA is an equal opportunity employer. Women, minorities and people from diverse groups are encouraged to apply. ACDI/VOCA will never request payment or charge a fee to apply for any position.