Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the programme and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 60 deliver multi-year projects, programmes and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organisations, foundations and private sector clients.
VISION: To set the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in complex and challenging contexts.
MISSION: We use evidence and learning to provide trusted advice and enable change for a sustainable future.
• Courage: We work on many of the world’s most complex problems. We stand against violence in all its forms. We are unafraid to stand up to illegal or unethical practises.
• Objectivity: We challenge conventional thinking. Our recommendations are not based on assumptions or ideology but evidence and learning.
• Diligence: We incorporate our best individual and collective intellect through rigour, reflection, and collaboration.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for the quality of our work and performance. We hold ourselves to account through clear policy and process, sustained by long-term profitability.
• Sensitivity: We understand the impact of our presence and our work, empathise with people’s situations, and commit to do no harm.
ETHICS: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our work, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure the best possible service, and benefit the communities amongst whom we work.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive organisation where all feel safe and able to progress, contribute and be heard, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of Work
The role will comprise of identifying and pursuing new project opportunities, maintaining account management systems and records, assist in managing Integrity’s consultant network, support logistical, compliance and commercial processes, project delivery, and the production of marketing and communications materials. The Business Officer will be managed primarily by a Business Manager but will work with the wider Business, Services, Operations and Finance Teams. The position is London based with international travel as required.
Terms of Reference
The Business Officer role requires a reactive and energetic individual with strong proposal-writing, negotiation, and people skills. You will be a core member of the Business Team, coordinating closely with team members in our international offices and with Integrity’s Services, Operations and Finance Teams. The right individual would combine the drive to compete for and win large-scale contracts with the emotional intelligence required to work across different teams, geographies, and cultures.
- Contribute to the delivery of Integrity’s Business strategy, supporting our approach to existing and new clients, and expansion into new markets.
- Identify, scope and upload opportunities, aligned to Integrity’s core areas of focus, on to our internal knowledge management systems.
- Aid the identification and management of collaborative relationships with new clients, partners, consultants and other stakeholders accounts, ensuring relevant information is captured accurately on internal databases.
- Support company-wide prepositioning and proposal development as a Business Lead, including competitor mapping, consortium selection and engagement, brand and messaging, teaming, development of track record documents, financials and compliance documentation. There may be opportunities to specialise in certain regions, or thematic areas.
- Contribute to the preparation of technical and commercial proposals.
- Identify and recruit team members for key bid and proposal processes, including but not limited to the negotiation of fees, roles, level of effort.
- Project-specific consultant CV design and tailoring.
- Identify and register new consultants on Integrity’s consultant bench.
- Support our internal consultant management systems, processes and strategy.
Project Management and Service Delivery
The Business Officer will also support Integrity to deliver its portfolio of projects on time and to high quality standards. This will include providing project management support. You will:
- Support the management of projects to ensure they are delivered on time and budget, to high levels of quality and in keeping with Integrity’s values, systems, and processes.
- Undertake data collection, as well as data analysis and the write up of findings.
- Undertake desk-based research and report-writing in line with client needs and styles.
- Effectively, empathetically, and diligently manage relationships with team members, clients, consortium partners and stakeholders more broadly.
Marketing and Communication
- Contribute to the production and posting of corporate marketing materials, including news items for the Integrity website and social media channels.
- Compile and update relevant track record for use in corporate marketing materials.
- Format, finalise and quality assure staff and consultant posts as required.
Your Experience and Expertise
The ideal candidate will have:
- 2+ years’ experience working within the international development and/or the consultancy sectors.
- The desire to work on the business side of the company – building relationships with individuals and organisations, contributing to proposals for projects rather than delivering projects themselves.
- The drive to build on one’s skills from proposal to proposal.
- Demonstrated ability to produce high quality written products.
- An interest in the subject matter of Integrity’s work.
- Excellent time management.
- A team player approach with a positive attitude, willingness to both learn from others and lead others.
- Written and oral fluency in English, with the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
- Other relevant and desirable languages are Arabic, French, Spanish and Eastern European languages.
You should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
The Business Officer should also demonstrate the following:
- The ability to operate calmly under pressure.
- A considered, methodical, and intelligent approach to problem-solving.
- Clear sense of integrity and respect for others and empathy for cultural diversity, challenges, and environments.
Integrity is a hybrid work employer offering a flexible working model that supports a blend of in-office and working from home time. Each office has its own flexible working model to meet local needs and demands.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you are suitable for and want the role. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 3rd November 2023.However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the UK within commutable distance from the London office.
Because of the nature of some of Integrity’s work, candidates may need to go through Security Clearance and be able to demonstrate that they have been resident in the UK for a minimum of two out of the last five years.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by UK data protection laws.