Integrity is an ethical consultancy and service provider working in challenging and complex environments around the globe.
We help our clients succeed in fragile and challenging environments while building trust and understanding as the basis for transformative change. We work across all phases of the program and project cycle, delivering eleven complementary services: monitoring, evaluation and learning / data and knowledge management / research, evidence and analysis / advisory / project management / communications / risk management / technical assistance / capability and capacity development / stakeholder engagement / grant and fund management. Our services are underpinned by the principles on which we were founded, a commitment to providing reliable information and evidence, and expert and high-quality delivery.
Headquartered in London and Washington DC, Integrity also has offices in Jordan, Kenya, and Pakistan. Our multi-national team of over 80 deliver multi-year projects, programs and consulting assignments to a wide range of government clients, international organizations, foundations and private sector clients.
VISION: To set the international standard for ethically delivered expert services in complex and challenging contexts.
MISSION: We use evidence and learning to provide trusted advice and enable change for a sustainable future.
• Courage: We work on many of the world’s most complex problems. We stand against violence in all its forms. We are unafraid to stand up to illegal or unethical practices.
• Objectivity: We challenge conventional thinking. Our recommendations are not based on assumptions or ideology but evidence and learning.
• Diligence: We incorporate our best individual and collective intellect through rigour, reflection, and collaboration.
• Accountability: We take responsibility for the quality of our work and performance. We hold ourselves to account through clear policy and process, sustained by long-term profitability.
• Sensitivity: We understand the impact of our presence and our work, empathize with people’s situations, and commit to do no harm.
ETHICS: Integrity upholds the highest ethical standards in our work, our employment of staff and our interaction with people. Through adherence to our core values, we ensure the best possible service, and benefit the communities amongst whom we work.
We commit to building a diverse and inclusive organization where all feel safe and able to progress, contribute and be heard, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status.
Further information about Integrity can be found at www.integrityglobal.com.
Scope of Work
The Project Officer (PO) will play a varied project and operational support role at Integrity, contributing to the successful delivery of Integrity’s services and filling vital support functions for one or more USAID funded projects.
The PO will be dedicated to supporting one or more projects and programs, providing operational planning, logistics and administrative support to all aspects of the project cycle (identification, proposal development, teaming, implementation and close-down) including editing and drafting of deliverables. The PO will also contribute to internal business projects and activities within the Services and Operations Teams gaining experience across business functions. This role would particularly suit someone with an interest in developing skills in project management, monitoring, evaluation & learning (MEL) platforms, and/or data knowledge management.
The PO role will be based from our offices in Arlington, Virginia, with some project-focused travel, and will report to the Senior Manager, Projects. Integrity is open to considering a candidate based outside of the DC area but preference will be given to those who can attend in-person at least five days a month.
The PO will also work closely with the Operations and Corporate teams, liaising closely with the Senior Manager, Operations on key issues of project operational support.
Terms of Reference
A. Project Delivery (90%)
The PO will work principally to ensure the smooth running of a range of Integrity’s USAID projects, by providing support to all aspects of delivery. The number of projects being supported vary in number, size, technical focus, and geography. Tasks may include:
Project Management Support
- Project Planning: Maintain a detailed overview of all planned and live project work, timelines and milestones. Coordinate plans across large and decentralized teams.
- Risk Management: Actively support risk management, including identification and logging of risks according to company standard operating procedures. Maintain a relevant contextual understanding of projects. Support Due Diligence and vetting procedures.
- Financial Management: Support the financial administration of projects, including managing invoicing processes, expenses reconciliation and budget management and reporting.
- Procurement Planning: Oversee project-level procurement planning, maintaining visibility of ongoing and upcoming procurements and updating procurement plan as needed. Ensure all procurements follow internal policies and comply with relevant client regulations.
- Written Deliverables: Contribute to report drafting, editing and formatting. Quality assurance of select written deliverables. Research support on specific projects.
- Meetings and Events: Support scheduling and logistical arrangements for engagement and major events with project stakeholders, across the projects’ countries of operation.
- Knowledge Management: Maintain project-specific and company-focused digital knowledge management platforms (Podio). Maintaining streamlined and well-organized electronic project folders on SharePoint.
- Compliance: Remain up to date on key USAID rules and regulations, especially as relates to procurement, travel, and key personnel, and ensure any necessary approvals and/or waivers have been received. Draft key client documentation, including travel authorization and rate approval requests.
- Consultant Management: Manage consultant contracts, track delivery time and collate timesheets across projects. Liaise with consultants and clients to prepare and process timesheets and invoices.
- Travel Support: Ensuring the smooth deployment of staff, consultants and resources through the procurement of flights, visas, letters of entry, consultant deployment checklists, and movement of funds.
- Duty of Care: Provision of operational and duty of care support to deployed project teams, including deployment, check-ins, and recovery management.
B. Operational Support (10%)
Support the operations functions and activities for the US office, including Data & Knowledge Management, security and risk management, operational support and team support:
- Support the design, testing and implementation of internal projects such as new systems, processes and tools.
- Participate in the development and delivery of team and company strategy.
- Support infrastructure tasks such as office relocations and establishing new company offices where necessary.
- Input on project proposals as required, including conducting background research, contributing to proposal risk matrices, and supporting budget design.
- Assist the Business Development team with consultant selection, interviewing and relationship management.
- Dedicate 5 working days a year to professional development activities (e.g. receiving training, attending relevant events, achieving relevant qualifications and certifications).
Your Experience and Expertise
The successful candidate will have:
- 0-2 years’ experience working with an international organization.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, adhere to strict deadlines, and balance competing priorities.
- Working knowledge of MS Office, particularly Excel.
You will also:
- Take personal responsibility for the quality and timeliness of work and will achieve results with minimum supervision, maintaining professional accuracy with good attention to detail.
- Be a team player with the ability to build constructive working relationships internally and externally characterized by a high level of acceptance, maturity, cooperation and mutual respect.
- Maintain a flexible approach to tasks, adapting to changing project needs, conditions, and work responsibilities.
It is desirable that PO will also:
- Be proficient in USAID regulations, including FAR/ADS and procurement procedures, and contract compliance for US government clients.
- Understand research approaches and methodologies.
- Have experience working in the international development sector and/or fragile and conflict affected settings.
- Written and oral fluency in English, including the ability to write clear and compelling narrative.
- Speak French or Arabic to a working proficiency.
The PO should also demonstrate the following core competencies:
Level 1: Team competencies
- Planning and Organizing
- Development and Continual Learning
- Results Focus and Initiative
- Customer Orientation
- Managing Change
Integrity is a hybrid work employer offering a flexible working model that supports a blend of in-office and working from home time. Each office has its own flexible working model to meet local needs and demands.
How to apply
If you are interested in applying for this position, please complete the application form at www.integrityglobal.com/apply and attach a CV and Cover Letter, explaining why you are suitable for and want the role. Applications submitted without a cover letter will not be considered.
The closing date for applications is 13th October 2023.However, we will review candidates on a rolling basis and the vacancy may be filled before this deadline. We encourage early applications. Please be advised that only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Candidates must have the right to work in the US.
Integrity is an equal opportunities employer. We encourage applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates, regardless of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, marital or parental status. We will respect your confidentiality and abide by US data protection laws.