Project title: Technical Assistance for Product Safety in E-Commerce
This Action will support Turkey’s accession progress by improving the country’s legal and administrative capacity in terms of the free movement of goods and digitalisation in line with the EU acquis. It also contributes to the thematic priority: on administrative capacity and acquis alignment.
The action will: (i) strengthen Turkish market surveillance authorities’ (MSAs) capacities capacity to carry out efficient market surveillance (MS) activities for products sold online; (ii) support the establishment of an effective cooperation mechanism with for regard to e -commerce surveillance activities; (iii) increase online sellers’ awareness level of online sellers with regard to their legal obligations concerning the safety of products sold on their platforms; and (iv)it will also increase the awareness level of consumers who purchase goods online.
Finally, the action will also contribute to a better implementation of the 1995 Customs Union Agreement dated 1995, since Turkey is responsible for the harmonisation of the EU legislation on product safety, market surveillance and conformity assessment.
Commencement date of the project: 26 March 2024
Duration of the assignment: 24 months
Key expert 1: Team Leader
Qualifications and skills
- Bachelor degree in economics, law, administrative sciences or engineering. In the absence of the required degree, equivalent professional experience of minimum of 9 years professional experience in capacity building projects;
- At least B2 level of English as per the Common European Framework of References for Language;
- Master degree or/ and PhD in one of the above-mentioned fields or in computer sciences will be an asset.
General professional experience
- At least 5 years of professional experience in capacity building projects
- At least 2 experiences as a team leader/project director or equivalent (at the contractors’s side) in projects which have a duration of at least 12 months.
Specific professional experience
- At least 3 years of experience related to product safety or market surveillance or conformity assessment in EU acquis.
- At least 2 experience in design and delivery of training.
- Experience in development of an information system tool will be an asset