Are you a talented and motivated individual passionate about making a difference in the world?
Do you have a proven track record of securing grants and funding for impactful projects?
If so, THINK has an exciting opportunity for Grant Writing Consultants.
Who we are:
THINK is a dynamic and forward-thinking organization headquartered in Denmark and operates in various African countries to improve planetary health and quality of life for vulnerable populations locally and globally. THINK has five key areas: health, nutrition, mental well-being, climate change, and technological development. As we continue expanding our reach and impact, we seek skilled Grant Writing Consultants to help us secure the necessary funding to bring our initiatives to life.
Who you should be:
- A grant writer with a proven track record of successfully securing grant funding for non-profits through writing compelling and competitive grants in South Africa, Namibia, Mozambique, Zimbabwe, Ghana, Rwanda, and eSwatini.
- An expert with cross-cutting experience in research, clinical trials, health systems strengthening, education, capacity building, training, technological development, and community engagement in the following areas:
a. Health: Infectious diseases, non-communicable diseases, maternal, child and adolescent health, and vaccination
b. Mental well-being: mental health and psycho-social dynamics
c. Climate Change: climate health and climate resilience
d. Technological Advancement: artificial intelligence and digital health
- A Master's or PhD degree holder in any of the following fields or similar – Social Science, Health Economics, Public Health, Development Finance, Epidemiology, or equivalent experience.
- An exceptional writer with the ability to convey complex ideas compellingly and clearly.
- A detail-oriented and organized writer with the ability to meet strict deadlines.
- A tech-savvy writer with proficiency in using productivity and collaboration tools, such as Microsoft 365.
- A creative and out-of-the-box thinker who kicks the paradigm.
What you will be doing:
- Collaborate with the organization's team to understand project goals, needs, and outcomes.
- Develop clear and compelling grant proposals that address funder priorities and requirements.
- Craft persuasive arguments that demonstrate the organization's capacity to achieve the proposed project's objectives.
- Create detailed budgets that accurately represent the financial needs of the project, including expenses and income projections.
- Write and edit grant proposals, ensuring clarity, coherence, and proper grammar.
- Tailor proposals to meet the specific language and tone of each funding opportunity.
- Review and revise proposals for accuracy and consistency.
- Handle sensitive information and organizational data with professionalism and confidentiality.
- Adhere to ethical guidelines and standards in grant proposal preparation.