IREX is an independent nonprofit organization dedicated to building a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world by empowering youth, cultivating leaders, strengthening institutions, and extending access to quality education and information. Founded in 1968, IREX has an annual portfolio of over $100 million, work in more than 100 countries worldwide with offices in 20 countries, and a global staff of 600.
Summary of Position:
IREX seeks qualified Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) candidates to support the USAID-funded Kosovo Youth Activity. The Activity will build outreach and accountability skills of youth vulnerable to social exclusion and socio-economic inequalities to empower them to affect positive change in their communities. Based in Pristina, the DCOP will support the Chief of Party in the management of the program and provide high-quality technical inputs to achieve program objectives.
Only citizens of Kosovo or permanent residents with work authorization will be considered.
This position is contingent on funding.
Summary of Responsibilities:
- Support the COP in providing overall day to day management and coordination of project technical and administrative personnel and functions.
- Fulfill the role of the COP in that person’s absence.
- Ensure effective coordination between program activities as well as between field, country office, and HQ staff to maximize efficiency and impact.
- Manage and supervise a team of technical staff.
- Provide technical expertise across program activities aiming to support youth in Kosovo with a range of sustainable opportunities, tools, and support systems.
- Design activities that enable youth in Kosovo to address challenges posed by social exclusion and socio-economic inequalities and empower them to affect positive change in their communities.
- Contribute to monitoring, evaluation, and learning; program communications; and program reporting.
- Other duties, as assigned.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Kosovo citizenship or residency with work authorization is required.
- At least four (4) years of relevant experience leading youth-focused programs with a master’s degree in a relevant field such as business, economics, education, international development, non-profit management, etc.; or a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with at least eight (8) years or relevant experience also considered. Successful track record of at least 4 years supervising, managing, and implementing USAID-funded programs and or other related donor-funded programming.
- In-depth understanding of positive youth development and proven track record delivering inclusive multi-sectoral programming that strengthens youth access, participation, and systems.
- Extensive experience in improving youth livelihoods by supporting activities focused on a range of sustainable opportunities, tools, and support systems.
- Work experience with disadvantaged groups preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to advise host country contacts at the ministerial level, and create and maintain effective working relations with international and local stakeholders, NGOs, local partners, and U.S. Government Agencies.
- In-depth understanding of the local youth context, including key youth actors, policies, donors, and initiatives. Previous experience as a Deputy Chief of Party or another senior managerial role on an international donor-funded program.
- Tangible results in building administrative and technical capacity of youth-serving or youth-led local organizations.
- Proven experience building consensus among diverse actors.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills including conflict resolution abilities.
- Excellent communication and writing ability in English and local languages required.
Please click https://irex.applytojob.com/apply/bvoRtxlObe/Deputy-Chief-Of-Party-USAIDKosovo-Youth-Activity to submit your CV in English for consideration along with a cover letter which summarizes your qualifications and states your salary expectations.