We are looking to hire an experienced Team Leader for one of our EIB-funded ongoing projects in Uzbekistan to provide Technical Assistance for the Uzbekistan Energy Efficiency Loan.
The Team Leader shall coordinate the work and the delivery of services of a mixed team of Key and Non-Key Experts with blended expertise in the fields of renewable energy (RE), energy efficiency (EE), lending and energy auditing, amongst others. Duties of the role include planning and interacting regularly with the EIB and the Promoter (the PCU of the Ministry of Economy and Finance of Uzbekistan), managing the day-to-day project implementation and the key project deliverables, and more specifically:
· Providing support to the PCU to efficiently and sustainably manage, co-ordinate and implement the EIB Uzbekistan Energy Efficiency Loan; raise awareness in the Uzbek society on financial, economic and environmental benefits resulting from implementation of EE&RE projects; and effectively coordinate with other institutions active in the market.
· Supporting the Financial Intermediaries in order to help them to efficiently and sustainably promote and market their EE lending; select and prepare eligible Sub-Projects for funding; and handle management, reporting and disbursement of funds.
· Assisting the Final Beneficiaries (FBs) in order to help them to efficiently and sustainably prepare and structure Sub-Projects in line with lenders’ requirements.
The Team Leader should be based in Tashkent for at least 80% of the time in the next year, with occasional home-based input as approved by the EIB. After that the TL will be part-time engaged on the Project.
The current project completion is planned to be March 2027.
The following requirements shall be applicable to the role:
Qualifications and skills
- The candidate must hold a Master's degree in a field relevant to the Assignment (e.g. engineering, energy, business administration, finance/banking, economics, etc.).
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in English. Strong reporting and writing abilities.
- Excellent writing and speaking skills in Russian. Strong reporting and writing abilities. A level of possession of Uzbek language will be considered to be an advantage.
General professional experience
· 25+ years of general professional experience is strongly preferred, including 15 years in leadership/management positions;
· Preferably 15 years (but not less than 10 years as a minimum) of professional experience in the banking sector (e.g. acquired in consulting, banking, lending, institutional investors, investment funds, etc).
Specific professional experience
· Preferably 15 years (but not less than 10 years as a minimum) of experience in managing/ implementing financial instruments in relation to EE and/or RE, and/or conducting EE / RE projects appraisals;
· Good knowledge of the legislative requirements in EU and/or Uzbekistan with respect to EE, RE, environmental protection, product safety/quality;
· Knowledge of commercial and industrial SME operations in emerging markets will be considered as an advantage.
Interested eligible candidates are invited to send their CVs to Zlatina Ilieva at email@example.com by 23rd October 2023.