WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for one or more consultants to develop an environmental education toolkit to be home-based with possible travel to/within the Greater Mekong region.
The overall goal is to invest in current and future generations of youth, lead change and to protect the environment of the Greater Mekong region.
● Young people in the Greater Mekong region are better equipped with the knowledge needed to lead and drive change on issues of sustainable development, sustainable freshwater ecosystem management, renewable energy and climate change adaptation in their local communities.
● Clear contributions are made towards the realization of national and regional policies focused on optimizing environmental benefits and sustainable freshwater ecosystem management for future generations in the Greater Mekong region.
Detailed consultancy deliverables and timeline can be seen at https://www.wwf.org.mm/en/myanmar_career_page/
● Graduate degree in relevant environmental discipline and/or education
● Understanding of environmental/education issues
● Experience in organizing training/workshops with/for youth
● Experience of environmental education/training (within the Greater Mekong region is an asset)
● Familiarity with frameworks and sensitivities related to youth and gender issues
● Experience with curriculum and toolkit development
● Experienced trainer of trainers is an asset
● Connected to networks relevant to environmental training and/or education training in the Greater Mekong region is an asset
● Experience in project-based learning is an asset
● Proficient in English
Closing Date: 15 October 2023 (Sunday)
Interested candidates should send a curriculum vitae and a cover letter. These should clearly demonstrate how the candidate meets the selection criteria. Including examples of education resources and/or training materials developed previously by the candidate(s) is encouraged.
The cover letter should present a breakdown of the estimated number of days to complete each deliverable and the cost to deliver each, as well as clearly stating a daily rate. Both the CV/Resume and cover letter should be in English and emailed to email@example.com by the closing date.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted