Director of Research, Data, and Learning, USAID/Georgia Data-Driven CLA Project, Tbilisi, Georgia
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing to put together a proposal response for an anticipated five-year project to enable data-driven decision-making and evidence-based collaborating, learning, and adapting within and amongst USAID/Georgia and its implementing partners to improve program management and development impact.
Expected release date of the proposal is December 2023, with an anticipated award date of spring 2024.
Social Impact is seeking a full time Director of Research, Data, and Learning to oversee and guide on workstream tasks related to polls, surveys, assessments, evaluations, data analysis and synthesis.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the activity, and will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Georgian citizens are highly encouraged to apply. **
- Provide leadership and guidance on the data, analysis, and evidence workstreams, and in conjunction with the COP, help support the Mission’s IPs as learning and adaptive partners for all USAID/Georgia’s portfolio of programming.
- Oversee polls, surveys, assessments, and evaluations throughout the life of the activity, including data collection, design of evaluation methodologies and participatory data collection methods and protocols, as well as data analysis and synthesis techniques.
- Responsible for the design, quality, and final deliverables of all reports and any evaluations, assessments, surveys, and polls.
- Design of the evaluation methodology and participatory data collection methods and protocols.
- Oversee secondary data analysis and synthesis of existing data and evidence into accessible knowledge products.
- Advise on the development of a database of existing studies conducted by implementing partners (IPs) for USAID/Georgia’s use.
- Lead on the synthesis of related assessments to lead USAID/Georgia’s learning for future programming.
- Ensure that short- and long-term STTA recruited under this contract are of a high caliber and possess the required technical expertise.
- Ensure that evaluation information is shared and fully utilized through knowledge sharing and strategic learning processes to speed innovation and improve upon and bring new innovations to the Mission’s programmatic work in-country.
- Support the USAID/Georgian staff in accessing strategic learning tools, as well as in providing guidance and support to the project’s evaluation services component including but not limited to knowledge mobilization and knowledge management mechanisms.
- Master’s degree in data science, economics, business administration, statistics, social science, or other relevant field.
- At least eight years of professional experience, demonstrated experience in monitoring, evaluation, and performance management for international development programming, preferably in developing countries.
- Experience conducting evaluations, program and project surveys, assessments, and data analysis.
- At least five years of experience in a supervisory and/or management position that includes providing technical and management oversight.
- Demonstrated experience with quantitative and qualitative data collection, management and analysis.
- Experience identifying, generating and disseminating evidence-informed, action-oriented information and innovation.
- Significant experience using or creating data for a variety of audiences to drive decision-making.
- Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and other implementing partners.
- Strong networks with technical experts in learning, monitoring, evaluation, research, and across subject matters.
- Familiarity and/or experience on USAID Mission monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) Support contracts highly preferred.
- Familiarity with USAID’s objectives, approaches, and operations, particularly as they relate to evaluations, is a plus.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; and professional proficiency in Georgian is preferred.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our diverse, innovative and collaborative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, working as part of a creative and committed team, making a difference in advancing development effectiveness across the globe.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.