Director of Collaboration, Learning, and Adapting (CLA), USAID/Georgia Data-Driven CLA Project, Tbilisi, Georgia
Social Impact (SI) is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
SI is preparing to put together a proposal response for an anticipated five-year project to enable data-driven decision-making and evidence-based collaborating, learning, and adapting within and amongst USAID/Georgia and its implementing partners to improve program management and development impact.
Expected release date of the proposal is December 2023, with an anticipated award date of spring 2024.
Social Impact is seeking a full-time Director of CLA to oversee and guide on learning, knowledge management, and adaptive programming activities across the project, working closely with USAID/Georgia.
This is a full-time position for the duration of the activity, and will be based in Tbilisi, Georgia, contingent upon contract award.
**Please Note: Georgian citizens are highly encouraged to apply. **
- Oversee and facilitate CLA among USAID, implementing partners (IPs), beneficiaries, and other key stakeholders during strategic planning and implementation sessions.
- Support in USAID/Georgia’s development and implementation of their CDCS and other Mission-level strategies, including the CLA Agenda and implementation pans. Support in leading portfolio review processes.
- Foster strong, collaborative relationships with key Mission stakeholders, serve as a convener for dialogue and learning around emerging issues, assist in identifying and responding to key learning issues, and coordinate efforts amongst IPs working on common Development Objectives (DOs).
- Assist in development and implementation of knowledge sharing practices through facilitation of DO and sectoral pause-and-reflect sessions with USAID, IP, and stakeholders.
- Develop and implement Communities of Practice for the Mission and IPs that outline key learning questions, stakeholders and their roles, and broad stakeholder engagement at multiple levels.
- Develop and deliver tailored training courses for IPs to enhance learning.
- Master’s degree in social sciences or related field.
- Minimum of eight years of demonstrated experience in strategic planning; monitoring and evaluation; project design; facilitation of learning; and/or knowledge management, including experience in applying learning to improve international development programs and systems change for adaptive management of development organizations or agencies.
- Previous experience supporting USAID Missions or USAID Implementing Partners in a similar capacity.
- Knowledge of USAID CLA framework, Evaluation Policy, Localization, and other initiatives.
- Demonstrated understanding of USAID initiatives, practices, and policies, including the USAID CLA practice, USAID Localization Initiative, etc.
- Excellent demonstrated ability to effectively interact with and develop relationships with USAID, local professionals, international donors, host country government counterparts, and implementing partners.
- Prior relevant experience in Eastern Europe preferred.
- Fluency in spoken and written English is required; professional proficiency in Georgian preferred.
- Excellent written, oral, and presentation skills.
- A commitment to valuing diversity and contributing to an inclusive work and learning environment.
Come join our diverse, innovative and collaborative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, working as part of a creative and committed team, making a difference in advancing development effectiveness across the globe.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com.
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.