Pact, Inc. seeks an experienced Senior Grants and Contracts Officer for the USAID-funded Strengthening Youth and Women’s Civic Participation Project. The Project aims to increase collaboration, sustainability, and resilience of civil society and independent media to advance the inclusion, participation, and leadership of youth and women in Sudan. The activity will apply locally led, problem-driven, adaptive approaches. This program will be starting Y2 of an anticipated five-year activity, with a dramatic shift in the operating context since the program startup in Khartoum in October 2022. This position will be based in Nairobi, Kenya.
The Senior Grants Officer will be responsible for ensuring that all sub-grants and contracts comply with donor rules and regulations, as well as organizational policies and procedures. The Senior Officer will also support timely preparation, negotiation and issuance of sub-grants and contracts, provide technical support to local partners for correct documentation and reporting, and monitor sub-grantees and sub-contractors to ensure compliance with the terms of their agreements.
The Senior Grants and Contracts Officer will report to the Strengthening Youth and Women’s Civic Participation Project’s Director of Grants and Contracts.
- Work closely with the Grants & Contracts Director to ensure that the subaward structure is aligned with the Activity’s technical needs and priorities.
- Support the efficient and compliant issuance of sub-grants and contracts.
- Effectively contribute to the full cycle of subaward management activities, including planning, facilitation, selection, pre-award assessments, negotiation, submission, orientation, review of monthly reports (including cost share), monitoring/compliance visits, and closeout.
- Use required sub-award management and accounting systems for subaward issuance and management. Ensure that all required documentation is available and stored as per Pact policy and donor rules and regulations.
- Support accurate and timely disbursement and liquidation of subawards/contract advances and milestone payments and other payments as needed.
- Assist with the timely training of subgrantees, sub-contractors, and program team members to understand and comply fully with funder requirements.
- Ensure that all required documentation is maintained in SharePoint for subawards and contracts and that regular reports are provided to program leadership, Washington, DC teams and/or to the funder, as required.
- Support project procurements and procurement-related tasks in compliance with donor rules and regulations, as well as with Pact processes, ensuring the procurement processes are adapted to the context and/or needs of the sub-grantee and beneficiaries.
- Ensure competitive procurement processes for the purchase of goods and services following Pact and the donor regulations and procedures as well as using mechanisms that ensure high standards of transparency.
- Conduct market research of vendors as required.
- Prepare Terms of References, Request for Proposals (RFP) or Request for Quotes (RFQ) in coordination with the technical area based on Pact’s and the donor procedures and regulations.
- Coordinate review committees for proposals submitted by sub-grant applicants and vendors, according to the solicited Notice of Funding Opportunity, Terms or Reference, RFPs, APS and or RFAs, and donor regulations.
- Coordinate delivery logistics for goods and/or services with project staff and/or sub-grantees/sub-contractors.
- Work with the project team to ensure that implementation of sub-grants and contracts follows donor requirements.
- Support closeout of sub-awards and contracts, including preparation of delivery notes, final inventories, property disposition, etc.
- Comply with all company policies and procedures, including completing all compliance training topics by the deadline to satisfy each and receiving the corresponding acknowledgment statement that the training has been completed.
- All other duties as assigned
- Master's degree with six (6) years work experience or bachelor's degree with at least eight (8+) years work experience.
- Experience successfully working with civil society organizations or international development projects in a role supporting the management of grants and/or procurement.
- Experience assessing the responsibility and grant-worthiness of organizations through financial statements, audits, and other documentation presented in a proposal or in support of an award.
- Experience drafting and managing performance-based (milestones) subawards.
- Experience in the procurement of goods and services from beginning to end of the process (from the preparation of the bidding terms and conditions to the delivery of the goods or services requested).
- Knowledge of USAID and other funder rules and regulations as related to subgrant procurement, compliance, and cost principles.
- Ability to problem-solve difficult issues, and to multitask with ease, adapting to frequently changing priorities.
- Knowledge of the political, social, and economic context of Sudan.
- Sudanese nationals strongly encouraged to apply.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, citizenship status, genetic information, matriculation, family responsibilities, personal appearance, credit information, tobacco use (except in the workplace), membership in an employee organization, or other protected classifications or non-merit factors.
At Pact, we recognize your impact, offer you opportunities and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings may include healthcare, retirement (8.8% to 13% based on service tenure) and savings plans, paid time off, disability and life insurance programs, learning and development opportunities, wellness programs as well as other optional benefit elections .
With the continuing impacts of COVID-19 around the world, we are taking action to protect the health and well-being of our colleagues and maintain the safety of the communities where we operate. Pact seeks an environment free from COVID-19 and prefers all employees to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Attestation of vaccination status will be required for employment with Pact. Unvaccinated employees may be subject to additional health and safety requirements to include any federal, state and/or client restrictions.