Monitoring, analysis, and evidence generation
- Support line manager in ensuring that the CO monitoring system and tools are in place and compliant with corporate standard operating procedures (SOPs), the Corporate Results Framework (CRF), M&E corporate policies and guidance and data protection and privacy policies.
- In coordination with the RAM, programme team and Field Office and under the supervision of line manager, support activity implementation monitoring, beneficiary contact monitoring, retail performance monitoring, ensuring both quantitative and qualitative data collection methodologies are employed
- Suggest improvements and procedures to the monitoring processes based on field implementations and programmatic needs
- In coordination with Filed Office, Programme, establish and maintain a working database based on the Jordan country office process monitoring system for data storage and analysis
- Actively contribute to discussions between RAM and programme on Theory of Change, programme adjustment and/or other related strategic conversation
- Verify, clean, analyze, interpret monitoring and assessment data according to information needs of different audiences.
- Write regular and high-quality monitoring reports and contribute to other documents where relevant evidence from RAM activities are needed
- Support the visualization of RAM analysis upon information needs of different audiences
- Ensure gender, equity, disability, protection, human rights, and other inclusion issues are mainstreamed in all M&E work as appropriate.
Capacity building, quality assurance and sustainability
- Support the implementation of capacity-strengthening initiatives for RAM and Field Office on process monitoring practices, procedures, and tools in alignment with WFP country office’s strategic goals and objectives
- Identify capacity and practice gaps in process monitoring for different activities and develop action plans to address them internally and externally
- Develop and implement the data quality assurance plan in a joint consultation with country office, regional bureau, and the field office to ensure reliable data and information collection for solid analysis
- Document the lessons learnt and best practices on the process monitoring and other monitoring activities, when needed, to inform RAM team and country office’s future adjustment
COMET (CO Tool for Managing Programme Operations Effectively) and system support
- Oversee and ensure availability and the quality of the outcome, output indicators (including beneficiaries, tonnage, and cash) to measure the WFP Jordan Country Strategic Plan (CSP) progress and achievements in the Country Office, to enable better operational decision making.
- Act as a point of contact for COMET at country office level to address operational queries and provide guidance for accurate output reporting in the system according to COMET SOP.
- Generate analytical reports including data of plans vs. actuals with comparative analysis to inform programme performance
- Conduct capacity building/training for COMET users at the Country and Field Office level when required
- Perform other related duties as required
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area. University degree is desirable.
At least 7 years of progressively experience, of which at four years closely related to statistical analysis, monitoring and evaluation and capacity building.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Sound technical expertise in designing and implementing Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) systems for development programmes/projects, preferably in the field of food security, social protection, safety nets, early warning systems, or related.
- Willingness to innovate and improve the work process in close collaboration with others
- Strong knowledge of WFP’s monitoring concepts, qualitative and quantitative research methodologies and tools employed along the project monitoring cycle.
- Proficiency in statistical software, including SPSS, R or STATA.
- Strong planning, analytical and report drafting skills and works with a high degree of independence and responsibility.
- Experience with COMET is an asset
Fluency in both oral and written communication in English & Arabic.
How to apply
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 5th December 2023
Candidates who applied to the same position "Senior Programme Associate (Research, Assessment & Monitoring) G7 requisition # 827542" that was advertised on 5 June 2023 are not eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Applications must be submitted online through WFP e-Recruitment System
- External applicants are kindly requested to follow the link: https://career5.successfactors.eu/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=830452&company=C0000168410P
Make sure that you answer all mandatory questions accurately and attach your updated CV in English.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.