Job Title: Operations Coordinator
Contract duration: 1 year, 4 days per week (with an opportunity to renew subject to available funding)
DRS is looking, on behalf of our client, an INGO, for a Consultant with a proven track record in operations, project management, coordinator roles and/or similar roles which meet the essential requirements for this role.
Scope of Work
Program Quality and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s):
· Support the development of program operational processes to support NGO's growth and ensure consistency of quality and standards;
· Document operational processes into simple SOPs, which can be easily accessed by team members on the NGO intranet;
· Coordinate with Country Managers and Project Managers to ensure compliance with all program SOPs at the country level, ensuring optimum productivity and program quality;
· Support the implementation of the NGO framework, specifically at the country level, ensuring support needs are met and quarterly reporting is completed;
· Support the coordination and delivery of program quarterly reviews - ensuring all program data is up to date and collected;
· Support the implementation of NGO monitoring and evaluation framework across projects, ensuring data is updated by project managers quarterly;
· Source and coordinate feedback from project managers and team members across NGOs to identify organizational needs and areas for growth and improvement.
Project Management System: ClickUp
· Manage the maintenance of ClickUp to ensure it is organized and up to date with regular clean-ups across the system of project folders, template updates, and management of customization features;
· Ensure projects are set up following NGO project design and management SOP;
· Run a bi-weekly meeting with the country ClickUp Admins to coordinate and support platform maintenance management;
· Gather feedback from country managers & projects managers on support and training needs and provide this to the Networks and Operations manager;
· Work closely with the Networks and Operations manager to coordinate regular ClickUp training sessions to upskill project teams and increase utilization;
· Support the Networks and Operations manager with training outcomes implementation and communication.
· Coordinate the collation of project updates from project managers for quarterly donor and board reporting;
· Collate project and organizational metrics data from the NGO M&E framework to support internal and external reporting;
· Upload donor reporting to specific donor reporting platforms once signed off by the Head of Operations;
· Oversee all reporting processes, such as quarterly reporting, final reports and others as required, including template preparation, follow-up for inputs, collation of draft reports and updates to Quantive Platform.
Internal workshops & events
· Work closely with the Head of Operations and Networks and Operations manager to plan and coordinate the NGO’s monthly internal events;
· Support the planning and coordination of cross-departmental workshops such as strategy development, project evaluations, grant writing, etc;
· Other tasks may be required from time to time and on an ad hoc basis.
Qualification, Experience, and Skills:
Education and Training:
· Undergraduate degree in operations management, business administration, or a related degree area of study.
Working Experience, Style, and Skills:
· 3 - 5 years work experience working in operations, project management or a related field.
· Excellent communication and organizational skills with an ability to problem solve effectively.
· Strong project management skills, with a high attention to detail and ability to prioritize tasks.
· Knowledge and experience of working with project management systems and /or a strong desire and interest in learning a new system.
· Fluency in English and excellent writing skills. Ability to collate information into digestible and easy-to-read summaries and reports.
· Able to work from home, work independently with minimal supervision and high levels of proactivity.
· Access to the Highest Speed internet available in the country of work.
· Confident in using digital collaboration tools such as Zoom and Google Suite (or willing to learn).
· Positive mindset and approach with a ‘can do’ type attitude.
· Experience with NGO/INGOs
· Experience with Monitoring & Evaluation and reporting
· Awareness of climate change mitigation and related issues (renewable energy, urban planning, sustainable buildings, etc.)
How to apply:
· Cover letter (No more than two pages)
The updated CVs/cover letters should be submitted to email@example.com under the title: DRS 11599 (ref. number). Due to the high number of applications received via the DevelopmentAid website, we can reply to shortlisted candidates only. Please note that the above requirements can be modified during the recruitment process according to the client's procedures.