The Chief Growth Officer (CGO) plays a pivotal role in driving DevWorks International’s growth and evolution. This includes leading development and execution of multi-year strategic plans, identifying and pursuing new opportunities for growth, cultivating strategic partnerships with both public and private sector entities, harnessing organizational learning and cross-organizational collaboration to showcase DevWorks technical and operational expertise, solidifying value proposition and communicating organizational capabilities and service offerings, developing and implementing strategies to increase revenue and market share, and leading cross-functional teams to achieve growth targets. Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this executive leadership role is central to DevWorks’ strategic growth.
- assume responsibility for setting a clear strategic vision for program development and growth. Lead development of resource planning for strategic plan. Advise and support the Director of Business Development (BD) to develop and oversee annual business strategy and budget, driving quality outcomes and sustainable growth. Work closely with the Director of BD to ensure resource mobilization efforts align with the strategic plan.
- Strategic Analysis and Decision Support: conduct analysis of internal and external factors affecting strategic positioning and BD performance. Evaluate potential partnerships, collaborations, and other strategic alliances to advance DevWorks’ mission. As part of the executive team, provide data-driven insights and recommendations to inform key decisions by senior leadership.
- Relationship Building and Management: lead internal donor relationship management efforts and strategic partnership development. Build enduring relationships with donors, partners, and industry leaders. As needed, support Director of BD in partner negotiations in teaming for BD pursuits and represent DevWorks in high-level meetings with donors, partners, and stakeholders.
- Actively prospect for new business opportunities and leverage existing programs to expand DevWorks’ presence with current and prospective funders.
- External Communications and Marketing: Expand brand and market awareness of DevWorks’ technical and operational strengths. Develop and implement a comprehensive communications and marketing strategy. Manage relationships with media, partners, and stakeholders. Represent DevWorks at events and conferences.
- Guide new business strategic planning and support the Director of BD to manage a 3-year business development pipeline of opportunities aligned with the organizational strategy, making informed decisions on trade-offs based on market analyses, funder priorities, and competitor assessments. Advise on BD opportunity prioritization and strategically assess new business opportunities and make well-informed, final go/no-go decisions on bidding. Support development of Win Strategy for all BD pursuits. Support the Director of BD and BD Team in executing successful capture strategies and crafting winning proposals.
- Lead development of organizational KPIs, monitor progress, and adapt plans accordingly. Spearhead quarterly BD tracking and reporting efforts, promoting a collective understanding of progress against targets and the forward pipeline.
- Quality Assurance: Provide guidance and technical support to BD unit to ensure optimal functionality. Serve as an authority on business development policies, protocols, and practices, particularly concerning institutional donors, with the functional authority to mentor and support staff. Advise on technical and management approaches and alignment with donor requirements and evaluation criteria for prime bids. As needed, support Director of BD on key decision points during the capture and proposal processes.
- Enhance staff capacity to position for and respond to competitive, complex, multi-million-dollar proposals. Establish a culture of continuous learning and business process improvement in global business development.
- Foster a workplace culture valuing teamwork and collaboration, recognizing staff contributions, and enhancing collaboration between Business Development staff and Programs staff. Design and/or review internal communications protocols to promote improved collaboration, synergies, and smooth operations.
- Lead efforts to capture and disseminate innovations, best practices, and lessons learned, creating opportunities for knowledge sharing across the organization. Coordinate creation of institutional reports, case studies, and success stories.
- Profound knowledge of USAID solicitation lifecycles and procurement trends across DevWorks’ technical sectors.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, demonstrated in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to hold individuals accountable and motivate staff in an approachable and calming manner.
- Ability to influence, motivate, and collaborate effectively with others.
- Profound understanding of bilateral, multilateral, and foundation priorities and arrangements.
- Comprehensive knowledge of concepts, practices, and procedures for establishing new strategic relationships and generating new business.
- Ability to establish and manage positive relationships with internal and external senior business leaders.
- A solid understanding of the organization’s technical and programmatic capacities for sharing information and creating new opportunities.
- Demonstrate and apply sound judgment in the management of internal and external partners.
- High emotional intelligence (EQ), strong interpersonal, motivational, and negotiating skills.
- Reports directly to the Chief Executive Officer.
- Oversees linkages to Programs Team
- Bachelor’s degree or its international equivalent in business administration, international development, or a related field.
- Over 15 years of demonstrated experience in international development, with at least 10 years devoted to proposal development for large, multi-partner, multi-million-dollar programs.
- Minimum of 10 years of management and supervisory experience in leading sophisticated business development teams and bids. Strong leadership and management skills with the ability to inspire and lead teams towards excellence.
- Expert knowledge of business development, with at least 15 years of experience in securing USAID and other donor projects.
To apply, please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Chief Growth Officer” in the subject line.