International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over 100 countries and implemented over 300 projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies, and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in monitoring, evaluation, research, and learning (MERL) and institutional support across many areas and sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, agriculture, economic growth, food security, education, environment, and global health.
Job Title: Senior Communications and Knowledge Management Advisor (Local National Only)
Department/Location: USAID/India Health Office
Reports To: ISPI Project Manager
Type: Regular Full-Time
Classification: Senior Level Advisor
Clearance Required: Facility Access
International Business & Technical Consultants, Inc. (IBTCI), a U.S. based international development consulting company established in 1987, has worked in over one hundred countries and implemented over three hundred projects. IBTCI serves government agencies, private sector companies and several donor agencies. IBTCI specializes in institutional support and monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) across many sectors including, but not limited to, conflict and crisis, democracy and governance, economic growth, education, environment, and global health.
The Global Health Training, Advisory and Support Contract (GHTASC) delivers effective global health programming to advance the mission of the U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID), Bureau for Global Health (GH) through institutional support and workforce development services from junior, mid-level, senior and expert advisory and administrative professionals.
The U.S. President’s Emergency Plan for AIDS Relief (PEPFAR) Strategy for Accelerating HIV/AIDS Epidemic Control supports HIV/AIDS efforts in India, ensuring access to services by all populations, including the most vulnerable and at-risk groups. USAID supports the Government of India’s (GOI) goal to achieve its 95:95:95 targets by accelerating the national HIV/AIDS response through technical assistance; testing innovating approaches; and scaling up high-impact interventions to reach, test, treat and save the lives of people living with HIV.
Based in USAID/India’s Health Office (HO), the Communications and KM Advisor is a writer, editor, content creator, and knowledge management expert at the USAID India Mission for the Health Office. The Advisor provides communications and outreach support and takes the lead in planning and conceptualizing how the USAID India Health Office "tells its story” to external and internal audiences in India, other USAID countries with similar development objectives, and the United States. Having a solid understanding of the USAID/India Health Office's development context and programs, s/he translates USAID’s public health activities in the field, its results, and appropriate messages into materials that convey facts and appeal to broad-based audiences, specialized audiences, as well as critical stakeholders within the US Government (USG) and Government of India (GOI) at the Federal and State levels. S/he is an astute, culturally sensitive communicator who understands the nuances of communicating for Indian and American audiences. The Advisor ensures a well-coordinated and effective delivery of communications outreach from USAID’s Health Office, in close coordination with the USAID/India Development Outreach and Communications Team.
Essential Duties/Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Apply astute cultural understanding and expertise to tailor HO’s communication strategy, materials, and communication approaches for Indian and American audiences.
- Strengthen reporting and communications across multiple USAID partners.
- Conceptualize, design, and create HO public information products, including brochures, program fact sheets, success stories, electronic, print, and social media content, presentations, press releases, articles, op-eds, twitter, Facebook, blogs, and other information items for U.S. and Indian audiences.
- Develop HO media and social media toolkits for significant events, commemorative days, and VIP visits.
- Envision and produce articles and items for USAID/Washington and USAID/India Health Office publications, for electronic communications and for videos and photo essays for USAID social media platforms. Draft and edit press releases.
- Conceptualize, research, and write human interest stories, features, cables, and project updates related to USAID activities on a regular basis, coordinating content updates with a webmaster, posting press releases, expanding linkages to partners' and other sites, and monitoring usage.
- Write and edit material, as may be required, for internal dissemination, such as HO input for Mission Weekly report, Weekly Ambassador’s Report, Weekly Asia Bureau Report, Weekly COVID-19 Cable, health information cables, Monthly and Quarterly Program Performance Reports, Portfolio Review briefing books and presentations.
- Interact with Mission technical colleagues and with other counterparts, identifying communication needs and strategies to highlight and showcase the application by USAID HO of the latest advances, technologies, innovations, and best practices.
- Assist the HIV division in disseminating important project milestones through a variety of media, including social media, quarterly newsletters from the Health Office, recurring interagency reports, etc.
- Advocate for the inclusion of PEPFAR in interagency outputs including the weekly report and country team inputs for the ambassador and front office.
- Through carefully placed stories in SPAN magazine and other inter-agency media, promote the PEPFAR-funded HIV work in India and with the global health office audiences. Pitch articles with ideas that highlight the impact of the activities across PEPFAR geographies and help to highlight the foundational work to publications in order to achieve this.
- Find opportunities for learning and information sharing and highlight PEPFAR work directed through the HIV division at international, regional, national, and partner events with the goal of bringing stakeholders together, increasing awareness, and encouraging interagency and external collaboration.
- Support with the development, implementation, and evaluation of PEPFAR-supported HIV campaigns and activities within the Embassy/Mission by organizing HIV learning dissemination activities such as brown bags, webinars etc.
- Any other duties or responsibilities that may be assigned by the Activity Manager/USAID POC.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Strong writing and editing skills with experience in creating a variety of communication materials, including brochures, fact sheets, success stories, press releases, articles, social media content, and blogs.
- Experience in managing media and social media platforms, including creating content, managing campaigns, and monitoring usage.
- Familiarity with public health or international development issues, particularly in the context of HIV/AIDS programming, to effectively communicate complex technical information to diverse audiences.
- Ability to collaborate with various stakeholders, including USAID partners, technical colleagues, and counterparts to identify communication needs and promote program achievements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply astute cultural understanding and expertise to tailor communication strategies and materials for diverse audiences, specifically Indian and American audiences.
- Proficiency in using various communication tools, software, and social media platforms.
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively to develop engaging and impactful communication content.
- Oral and written fluency in English required, fluency in another language preferred.
Education: Master’s Degree with 10 years, Bachelor’s with 12 years, Associate’s degree with 14 years or High School with 16 years of relevant education and experience in Business, Project Management, Public Health, International Development, or other related areas.
Working Environment: Work is typically performed in an office environment.
Physical Requirements: This is largely a sedentary position that requires the ability to speak, hear, see, and lift small objects up to 20 lbs.
Supervisory Responsibility: This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Travel: International travel may be required and may include travel to fragile and/or conflict-prone zones.
Work Authorization: Candidate must be authorized to work in India
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
About the Organization:
IBTCI has been in business since 1987. We specialize in Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL), Institutional Support (IS), Financial & Risk Management (FRM), Supply Chain Management & Procurement (SCMP); Social & Behavior Change (SBC) and Capacity Building. We provide these services across many sectors including, but not limited to, agriculture, resilience & food security, conflict & crisis, democracy & governance, economic growth & trade, education & human capacity development, energy & infrastructure, environment & climate change, global health & WASH and humanitarian and disaster assistance. At IBTCI, our colleagues are encouraged to collaborate and be part of the solution while getting the tools and guidance needed to grow and support our clients' missions.
IBTCI is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all persons without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identification, age, marital status, disability, sexual orientation, national origin, disabled veteran or Vietnam-era veteran, or any other classification protected by applicable anti-discrimination laws. We prohibit and do not tolerate any form of discrimination or harassment. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
If you are an applicant with a disability that requires a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process or are limited in the ability, or unable to use the online application system and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact the Talent Acquisition team at TalentAcquisition@ibtci.com (Do not send your resume to this account, for consideration please apply in our career page, https://careers.ibtci.com/jobs).