Intermediate Evaluator, World Food Programme Evaluation of National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP), Lebanon
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is bidding on an evaluation project opportunity with the World Food Programme (WFP), to carry out a decentralized evaluation of WFP’s Lebanon’s National Poverty Targeting Programme (NPTP). With an aim of offering social assistance to vulnerable Lebanese families, the NPTP is implemented by the Lebanese Ministry of Social Affairs (MoSA) and the Lebanese Presidency of the Council of Ministers (PCM).
SI is seeking a consultant to serve as Intermediate Evaluator. The consultant Evaluator will be embedded into the WFP NPTP team, and responsible for using diverse methods to collect, analyze, and synthesize data on WFP’s decision-making process, and to present results and coordinate with WFP throughout its ongoing response.
This is a short-term, intermittent consultancy opportunity expected to start in January 2024. This position is contingent upon the award of the evaluation project to Social Impact.
**Candidates based in Lebanon or with Lebanese citizenship are strongly encouraged to apply. International candidates with Lebanese experience can also be considered**
- Coordinate and support evaluation tasks throughout the evaluation life cycle.
- Use mixed methods approaches to conduct data collection and analysis. Techniques may include document review, key informant interviews, staff surveys, observation/listening in on meetings, calls, process monitoring, data analysis (including qualitative), data digest sessions.
- Support the design, quality development and production of draft and final evaluation reports.
- Master’s degree or Ph.D. in economics, political science, sociology, international development, public administration, statistics, or a related field.
- Between six and 10 years of progressively responsible experience in humanitarian and/or development evaluation is required.
- Experience in quantitative and qualitative data collection and analytical methods.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; ability to interact with various stakeholders and to concisely express ideas and concepts in written and oral form is required.
- Facilitation skills, particularly in the design and execution of stakeholder consultations.
- Active listening, proactive learning, and time management skills.
- Professional proficiency in both English and Arabic required.
Come join our energetic and innovative team! We offer you the opportunity to play a leading role in the growth of our company, work as part of a creative and committed team, and make a difference in the well-being of our world.
To learn more about Social Impact, please visit our website: http://www.socialimpact.com
SI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Only selected candidates will be contacted for an interview. Please, no phone calls.