Program Director ABA ROLI - El Salvador
About ABA ROLI
For over 30 years, and through our work in more than 100 countries, the American Bar Association Rule of Law Initiative (ABA ROLI) has sought to strengthen legal institutions, support legal professionals, foster respect for human rights, and advance public understanding of the law and citizen rights. In collaboration with government agencies, the judiciary, lawyers, bar associations, legislatures, and civil society, we design programs that are responsive to local needs and that prioritize sustainable solutions to pressing rule of law challenges.
Job Summary & Project Background
ABA ROLI is looking for a local consultant expert to fill out the Program Director position for the “Response to Sexual Gender-based Violence Program” pending to receive funding based in El Salvador. The goal of this program is to decrease revictimization and reduce impunity through improved victims’ services with a comprehensive and holistic approach, aligned to local laws and international conventions. This project intends to increase access to justice for women and vulnerable groups that have experienced GBV by improving the capacities of the justice sector and law enforcement institutions that provide victims’ services.
The Program Director will report to ROLI’s Senior Program Manager for the Latin America region. In collaboration with local partner organizations, the Program Director will:
· Serve as a point of contact and program coordinator for local and international stakeholders.
· Conduct and oversee the Program’s activities in El Salvador.
· Serve as a liaison with INL at post and with local counterparts.
· Research and facilitate connections with local CSOs that work in anticorruption efforts.
· Facilitate connections with law enforcement agencies.
· Undertake outreach and advocacy activities targeting relevant regional and international actors, as agreed upon between the consultant and the ABA.
· Facilitate meetings and strategic goal setting among various stakeholders in promoting transparency and GBV, including but not limited to local organizations, NGOs, and relevant government actors.
· Perform other tasks as necessary and as agreed upon between the consultant and the ABA.
· Advanced degree (U.S. or foreign) in a relevant field, including law, politics, and/or government.
· Seven (7) years of professional experience working with legal institutions in Latin America, international organizations, public sector, or NGOs.
· Proven experience working with combating gender-based violence in El Salvador or other countries in the region.
· Knowledge of the political, social, and judicial context of El Salvador.
· Experience working with the judicial sector and/or attorney general’ offices in El Salvador.
· Professional-level English language skills (written and oral).
· Experience coordinating USG-funded projects.
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents in a single PDF to firstname.lastname@example.org:
· Statement of interest detailing your experience working on matters related to gender-based violence in Latin America
· Resume or CV
· Hourly and/or daily rate
Please write “Application for Program Director – El Salvador GBV Program” in the subject line of the email.
Application deadline: December 22, 2023. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.