📅28-30 June 2022
UNESCO, Paris, France
The overall objective of the Pre-Summit is to harness the evolving discussions on transforming education, elaborate initial content for the Summit, and generate greater momentum in the lead-up to September. More specifically, the Pre-Summit aims to provide an inclusive and open forum for:
- Countries have advanced their national consultations to present preliminary outcomes of their consultations and share key elements of their commitment to transforming education to inspire other countries to come forward with bold commitments and actions at the Summit in September.
- Each Thematic Action Track to present spotlight initiatives emerging from the initial discussion papers and explore potential coalitions and partnerships to bring these to scale, in the lead-up to the Pre-Summit.
- Creating momentum and serving as a key milestone toward a global movement for education, showcasing champions countries and education leaders, offering a platform for children, young people, parents, and teachers to share their vision and make their voices heard, and allowing stakeholders to come together and join forces to transform education.
- The main outcome of the Pre-Summit will be greater momentum in advance of the September Summit and a shared understanding as to the key elements of transforming education to inform the SG’s Summit Summary and Call to Action.
- Examples of national commitment to transform education are shared by Champion countries which have advanced in their national consultations to inspire other countries to come forward with bold commitments and actions at the Summit in September.
- A global collation of game-changing solutions, based on the initial Thematic Action Track discussion papers that have been developed in the lead-up to the Pre-Summit.
- Spotlight initiatives are showcased as examples of promising practices to be brought to scale.
- The voices of youth and children are heard by policy-makers and other actors and stakeholders through the results of the pilot phase of the World’s Largest Lesson Survey on Education, as well as through national consultations and Thematic Action Tracks.
- Key activities are launched as part of the global advocacy campaign, involving children, youth, students, teachers, parents, civil society, academic and private sector partners, together with the Member States, paving the way towards a global movement for the transformation of education.