? 27 -28 August 2020
The Southern Africa Development Community (SADC), through the SADC Climate Services Centre (CSC), is organizing the Twenty-fourth Southern African Climate Outlook Forum (SARCOF-24).
This year, SARCOF-24 process is a collaborative effort between the SADC Climate Services Centre, with funding from the Intra-African Caribbean Pacific (Intra-ACP) Climate Services and related Applications Programme funded by the 11th European Development Fund (EDF), and other partners.
SARCOF-24 Meeting objectives:
- to develop regional consensus climate update forecast for the OND 2020 JFM 2021 rainfall season;
- to downscale the global climate output to regional and national level;
- to discuss the global climate drivers and likely impacts on the climate-sensitive sectors within SADC;
- to review and verify the OND 2019 and JFM 2020; seasonal climate forecasts made in August 2019 for SADC region;
- to review and discuss the impacts of the previous season’s outlook on each and every sector and
- to preview the potential impacts of the coming season based on the consensus outlook and develop response strategies for each sector.
Original source: SADC