Project ID: P162454
Project Title: IQ: Basra Electricity Dissemination and Development Project (EDDP)
Bid/Contract Reference No: C06- A
Scope of Contract: Development of Iraq Gender and Energy Assessment & Support to Basra Electricity Dissemination and Development Project (BEEDP)
The candidate firm is expected to carry out the following activity for this assignment:
1) A baseline survey in the Basra Governorate to help the SEDC monitor the following gender related indicators:
a. Women reported engaging in income generating activities (IGA) due to improvements in electricity service (percentage) --- baseline: n/a; intermediate target: 10%; final target: 20%.
b. Women‐owned businesses reporting increased income due to improved electricity services (percentage) --- baseline: n/a; intermediate target: 10%; final target: 20%.
c. Women reported improved health outcomes by improving electricity service delivery – baseline and targets: n/a.
d. Affordability concerns of vulnerable women groups, including FHHs and IDP women, addressed ---- (baseline and targets: n/a1
The following essential tasks are expected to be carried out by the candidate firm to incorporate into their process:
- Overall development of an inception report that covers the concept, background information of beneficiary population targeted based on desk review, gender related challenges they may face with electricity access as well as potential opportunities with a proposed field work strategy for
carrying out baseline survey. A methodology note is expected for collecting baseline work that provides sampling design, instruments to be used, and questionnaire. In the methodology note, the firm should also provide information on carrying out a small pilot before baseline fieldwork, on staffing and facilities used for development and deployment of survey.
- Based on the results of this pilot, it is expected that the selected firm will work in close collaboration with government to adapt the questionnaire in order to identify areas that would require fine-tuning (adapting questions to country context, addressing sensitive questions or clarifying questions, any challenges with deployment).
- The selected firm should provide training to enumerators in two phases: one before the implementation of the pilot and the second before the field work, if needed. The training should include understanding the context, instruments, codes of conduct, way to transcribe, format for field reports, etc.
- The selected firm will be responsible for data cleaning and should provide sex disaggregated analysis of survey results along with the raw data. Confidentiality and research protocols of human subjects in research should be carried out as per the international standards of practice.
The selected firm should take all necessary steps to ensure data security, confidentiality and anonymity will be required.
- Findings should be presented in the form of a final report (English) and PPT with key findings (Arabic and English). Engagement with client on reviewing drafts, survey questionnaires, clearing
processes is expected.
- This TOR is for the one-time design and implementation of survey work (which may include qualitative and quantitative methods).
Duration of Contract: 4 Month(s)