MA’AN Development Center is an independent, non governmental, non partisan Palestinian development and training institution established in January,1989, registered by law as a non-profit organization. The main office is located in Ramallah and the four branch offices are located in Gaza, Khan Younis, Tulkarem and Jenin,. MA’AN's work is informed by the necessity of creating independent, self-reliant initiatives that lead to the development of human resources for sustainable development, which incorporate values of self-sufficiency and self-empowerment.
“Partnering and working hand in hand with Palestinian non-governmental organization, community based organizations, grassroots groups and committees, in the poorest and most marginalized areas, to promote community development that is guided by community participation, human rights based approach, investment of local resources and the empowerment of the poor and marginalized.”through achieving the following five goals:
1. Improving the food security situation of the poorest and most marginalized sectors of the Palestinian society at the family & community level
2. To develop and enhance the capacities of the Palestinian NGOs, CBOs and grassroots organizations to be able to fulfill their missions and goals so as to contribute to building a Palestinian civil and democratic society based on political pluralism and respect of human rights
3. To enhance community development and decrease poverty in rural and the most disadvantaged areas
4. To protect and develop the Palestinian environment
5. To raise awareness and advocate for and with the Palestinian community on their national rights at the local, national, and international level.
SME & Private Sector