The German Association of Municipal Utilities Supporting Sustainable Resource Management (ASEW) is a working group within the German Association of Local Utilities (VKU) that has been supporting municipal utilities in the areas of energy efficiency and renewable energies since 1989.
With a wide range of products and services, the ASEW offers its more than 270 members the opportunity to position themselves in the growing markets for energy efficiency and renewable energies.
The ASEW also helps municipal utilities gain a significant advantage by increasing staff know-how through consulting, training and further education. More than 40 events are offered every year to promote a continuous exchange of knowledge.
And not least of all, the ASEW analyzes relevant directives and legislative proposals in order to represent the interests of its members on a political level.
- provides municipal utilities with customized products, consulting and services for greater energy efficiency and the usage of renewable energies.
- offers training and further education to the employees of municipal utilities to give them a competitive advantage through knowledge.
- facilitates the exchange of knowledge between members through research groups, information platforms and mailings.
- delivers information about innovations and regulations.
- supports members with customer retention and image development.
- contributes to environmental and climate protection.