EnCompass LLC is seeking a Senior Accounts Receivable (AR) Specialist to provide Accounts Receivable support for the Accounting Department of our fast-growing company.
The position will be working a hybrid work schedule with some work out of the Rockville, MD office.
Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure the timely creation of invoices to clients upon product delivery or project completion
- Assist AR Manager with monthly invoices, collections, and other AR duties
- Work with Project Teams and Clients, and other relevant areas of business to resolve issues related to incorrect billings and any disputes raised by the customer
- Liaise with contract and project teams to ensure billing requirements are updated in accounting software
- Review and track accounts receivable requirements and due dates for all contracts
- Track project expenditures against budget line items
- Reconcile accounts receivable to the general ledger
- Analyze and maintain documentation on outstanding accounts receivable payments and collection efforts
- Monitor all AR collections efforts and will be the initial escalation point of contact for delinquent payments
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely fashion
- Oversee integrity of AR electronic files and document
- Assist Accounts Payable (AP) team with various duties/assignments on as needed basis.
- Seek out and communicate opportunities to continuously improve, standardize and streamline the company's AR administrative and collections process
- Provide excellent customer service and problem resolution for both internal and external partners
- Engage fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass events, and providing administrative support to other team members as needed
- Other duties, as assigned
- Minimum of a High School Diploma and 10 years of experience; Associate’s degree and 8 years of experience; a Bachelor’s degree and 6 years of experience, or a Master’s degree and 4 years of experience in finance or accounting
Experience and Skills
- Knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Previous experience in AR
- Knowledge of US Government contracts required
- Excellent management, organization, communication, and problem-solving skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and meet required deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious in adhering to deadlines
- Exhibits dependability, reliability and a willingness to work outside required set hours when deadlines require
- Ability to adapt to changes in the work environment, manage competing demands, and deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills and proficient in MS Office and Excel
- Proficiency with government accounting software highly preferrable (Unanet a plus)