The Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis will provide strategic and tactical decision leadership to the Financial Analysis Department. This position provides business and financial analytics on all key inputs of the financial statement and provide regular reporting and analysis to assess the trends of the business by rebuilding and maintaining internal forecast models and leads the annual budgeting and monthly forecasting process. This position will work closely under the supervision of the Director of Financial Analysis. The Senior Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis performs analytical and financial checks on the different project financial management procedures and processes; he/she will consolidate, leads rolls-up, and analyzes forecasts and budgets; and provides project pipeline analysis and indirect oversight.
The Senior Manager, Financial Planning and Analysis reports directly to the Director of Financial Analysis and will work in close collaboration with Division management and Project Directors. This position will provide leadership to the financial analysts and will be responsible for budgeting, forecasting and financial analysis function. This includes:
- Team management, oversight and prioritization
- Create a strong customer orientated culture
- Lead the financial analysis team and provide strategic, forecasting and budgeting solutions for division, and corporate requirements;
- Analyze current and past trends in key financial performance indicators including all areas of revenue, cost structure, expenses and capital expenditures to facilitate and support timely and definable planning and decision making. Monitor performance indicators, highlight trends and analyze causal factors behind variances and trends;
- Interface/function as a resource with senior leadership and business partners in the development of targets, assumptions, business drivers, and strategic decisions to be incorporated into the annual budget and monthly forecast.
- Rebuild and maintain financial models (planning, forecasting, budgeting) and analyses to support strategic initiatives and design and develop model and forecasting efficiency improvements.
- Provide financial insight, data management and analytical support in the creation and maintenance of various scheduled / ad-hoc performance reports to include financial forecasts, annual budgets, operating plan variance analysis, operating expenses, and closing activities.
- Drive standardization, simplification, and automation of internal reporting.
- Provide consolidated and ad-hoc reporting, and identify proactively finance processes for division and corporate requirements;
- Lead and provide project financial analysis and reporting on P&L and Controllable metrics and measurements for projects and divisional roll-ups.
- Recommends improvements to the Financial System Platform along with standard operating procedures for the department;
- Elevates risks and opportunities to senior project management;
- Provide analytical support and ad hoc reports to the Director of Financial Analysis and CFO as required; and
- Coordinates, validates, and consolidates information on Project Estimates to Complete (ETCs), monthly progress reviews; quarterly, semi-annual, and annual budgeting and forecasting.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Works with the Chief Financial Officer, Controller and Director of Financial Analysis to analyze and standardize financial processes, procedures, backlog planning and forecasting;
- Interface with Corporate departments of accounting, contracts/subcontracts, and financial planning, with divisional interface as required;
- Assist the CFO and Director of Financial Analysis to provide training and support to project management and backstops in the area of financial systems and analysis. Helps bring financial literacy to all levels in the company; and
- Other duties as assigned by CFO or Director of Financial Analysis.
Required Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Accounting or Finance or relevant experience.
- Minimum 7 years of experience in financial analysis, project financial management, accounting, cash management, and/or information systems;
- Strong and in-depth understanding of financial analysis, modeling, and data flow knowledge;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and exercise extreme discretion;
- Familiarity with US government regulations concerning cost accounting standards;
- Familiarity with the USAID project life cycle, and knowledge of international development implementation;
- Familiarity with different Indirect Rate applications, NICRA, etc.;
- Familiarity with T&M, Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursement contracts, and the financial accounting thereof;
- Attention to quantitative detail;
- The selected candidate must be proficient in the use of Excel and be able to manipulate and use spreadsheets for consolidation, sensitivity analysis and changes in variables;
- Excellent written / oral communications and organizational skills with an emphasis on customer service. Self-motivated with ability to prioritize and meet deadlines and work in a high energy, fast paced, ever changing environment;
- Strong problem-solving skills and ability to react quickly to resolve issues. Self-motivated, positive attitude, high-energy individual who can multitask well;
- Strong planning, organizational and prioritization skills;
- Strong information systems skills in database management;
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with others toward mutual objectives and able to influence across non-direct reports on cross functional teams;
- Continuous improvement mindset with the ability and desire to develop creative solutions to problems and continuously improve systems and processes.
- Ability to travel.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Familiarity with Windows based Microsoft Dynamic SL 2017;
- Prior USG Contractor/NGO experience
Only finalists will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
Creative Associates International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer (gender/race/disability/veteran) and provides equal opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law.#LI-IB1
Please view Affirmative Action/Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here