NIRAS - IP Consult, in association with GFA Consulting Group, is participating in three project tenders in Ethiopia under the Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) financed by GIZ with the implementing partner Ministry of Labour and Skills.
The consortium is looking for National Short-Term Experts (Leadership and Masterclass’) for the consultancy services: "Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia" in the GIZ-funded Sustainable Training and Education Programme (STEP) in Ethiopia.
The opportunity is at the stage of expression of interest in a GIZ tender process.
About the project:
On behalf of the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ), co-funded by the European Union, GIZ is implementing the Sustainable Training and Education Programme in Ethiopia. Germany and the European Union are supporting the Ethiopian Government in improving the income and employment situation, especially for young people, through
demand-driven training courses.
The main objective of this assignment, Female Leadership, Masterclasses in TVET and Employment Qualification Measures in Ethiopia, is to develop and implement further training and leadership measures for TVET staff, management and other stakeholders (work package 1) on the one hand as well as employment qualification measures for TVET graduates, job seekers and informally self-employed workers (work package 2) on the other hand. Therefore, the contractor's tasks focus only on TVET and its stakeholders. The sectors relevant for this assignment are automotive, building construction, electrotechnology and hotel & tourism.
Tasks of the National Short-Term Experts (Leadership and Masterclass’):
• Conceptual development of the measures described in work package 1
• Technical and didactical implementation of the measures described in work package 1
• Focus on: Continuous testing and revision of the measures
Travel to project locations in Ethiopia may be foreseen and planned. Travel planning might be subject to change depending on pandemic and security developments and possible related travel restrictions.
The locations that are relevant for this assignment are Addis Ababa, Oromiya, Amhara and SNNPR/Sidama. Further STEP project locations will, however, be added.
• Education/training in one of the following areas: a) University degree (master or equivalent) in organizational development, Innovation Management, education governance and management, Business Administration, social sciences with a focus on TVET governance or other subjects relevant to the tasks OR b) University degree (master or equivalent) in youth and adult education, pedagogy, psychology, instructional design OR c) University or higher TVET degree (equivalent to level 6 of the European Qualifications Framework) in automotive, building construction, electrotechnology and hotel & tourism OR • Languages: Knowledge of English, C1 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages AND knowledge of Amharic, C2 in the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages
Professional experience required:
• General professional experience in one of the following areas: a) 10 years of professional experience in the field of TVET, with a focus on leadership and management OR b) 5 years of professional experience in the development of leadership training formats OR c) 5 years of professional experience in automotive, building construction, electrotechnology and hotel & tourism as well as TVET • Specific professional experience in one of the following areas: a) 2 years of specific professional experience in designing leadership training and innovative measures OR b) 5 years of specific professional experience in promoting multi-actor collaboration OR c) 5 years of specific professional experience in engaging the private sector in TVET OR d) 5 years experience in project management OR e) 5 years of specific professional experience in the development and delivery of measures with regards to gender equality, promotion of women in leadership, gender-sensitive teaching and learning, inclusive classrooms, and others Please include an up-to-date CV in EU format and/or Development Bank format, ideally as a Word file. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Applications are screened on a rolling basis.