Job Tittle: Projects Implementation Lead - Ethiopia
Role Overview: To lead all aspects of project management, compliance, quality assurance and delivery of project results. To be done in line with the project implementation plans and budgets and VSO's volunteering for development (V4D) approach.
- Provide leadership to project team - leading implementation planning, monitoring, quality assurance, risk management, safeguarding and security, behaviour and conduct, reviews, reporting, budget execution and accountability processes.
- Support the development and implementation of robust risk mitigation strategies of identified risks;
- Ensure project compliance with the relevant grant and contract and the provision of high-quality data and reporting at formal monthly, quarterly and annual milestones.
- Liaise with external stakeholders of the project; including donor, governments, local organisations, and local implementing partners;.
- Effectively manage project managers to maintain performance and accountability,.
- Build an integrated project team across the two countries, ensuring common understanding and delivery of a single project;.
- Ensure quality and timely delivery and results to the highest VSO standard and donor requirements.
- Support team to develop high quality, impactful communication outputs tailored to a range of audiences and formats, e.g. donors, public to increase awareness of VSO's work.
- Deliver and demonstrate value for money as defined by VSO's volunteering for development approach and measured by changes in the lives of the projects' primary actors.
- Act as the primary contact person for internal stakeholders.
- Fulfil other appropriate level responsibilities as defined by the line manager from time to time
- Project management and/or international development qualifications or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge and understanding of peacebuilding, social inclusion, social accountability, and resilience.
- Knowledge and/or experience of effective development programming in a fragile or conflict affected context.
- Substantial experience in managing large and complex grants and contracts within the international development sector including donor management
- Substantial experience of creating and maintaining a high performing, diverse team working in different locations procedures
- Experience of leading and managing change
- Experience in developing and maintaining strong partnerships and consortia
- Experience in project security and risk management, and in managing duty of care to the highest international standards
- Experience of working in a global organization with matrix or multiple reporting lines.
- Leadership, management and coaching skills in working across multiple cultural contexts
- Strong project finance and budget management
- Data and system management; IT literacy (Microsoft, finance, project management software, Salesforce system)
- Excellent cross-cultural communication, with fluency in written and spoken English
- Able to travel across project sites