Serve as an FH representative via telephone and email, as well as outbound phone calls. Responsibilities include incoming phone calls and emails, as well as outbound phone calls in fulfillment of the sponsor engagement strategies.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
• Provide top notch customer service to our sponsors and donors by living out our Heartbeat values daily.
• Answer incoming phone calls about account related questions and program questions, as well as questions via mail.
• Represent FH through outbound call strategies such as welcoming new sponsors, connect with lapsed sponsors to motivate re-engagement, and responding to voicemails.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
• Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Customer relationship management software preferred.
• Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• At least 1 year of customer service experience.
• Previous call center experience required.
• High School Diploma is required.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Medical, Dental, Vision - employee benefits paid
401K with up to 4% employer match
Paid commuter benefits
11 paid holidays
Flexible telecommute policy
Paid day off for your birthday
An application and resume through our online system is required. Click here to access our system.