Director of Business Development – International Division
Sheladia Associates, Inc. is an inclusive and diverse organization that has worked throughout Africa, Asia, and the world for over 40 years. We use our talented and creative staff to implement agriculture, water resources, transportation, and other development projects through engineering, socio-economic, environmental, M&E, institutional, and capacity-building efforts. Our core belief is "In the success of others lies our own". We are seeking an energetic, highly motivated, well-organized multitasker who works well in a fast-paced environment for our Rockville, MD office.
The expert would be responsible for the following tasks:
- In consultation with the Senior Management, lead the development of business development strategies and plans that will position the firm for growth and profitability.
- Create a strategic revenue growth plan annually with new prospects, inclusive of multi-lateral and bilateral agencies, host countries, and partners, and actively seek and develop opportunities
- Identify key opportunities and develop and implement a strategy for capture, drawing on team members of the International Division.
- Oversee the Business Development Unit to prepare proposals and take the lead in partnership engagement. Supporting the business development function by identifying and developing new business and partnership/customer opportunities.
- Provide guidance on cost/pricing strategy for the proposals.
- Manage, build, and strengthen strategic partnerships through active networking, advocacy, and effective communication of Sheladia competencies in project service delivery and management.
- Build new donor relationships while maintaining ongoing ones
- Work closely with the Business Development team to ensure and facilitate the capture of lessons learned from program and project implementation into new opportunities and engagement development, as well as the adequate identification of risks and mitigation measures.
- Coordinate the recruitment team to pre-position for upcoming key opportunities.
- Develop communication strategies to maximize communication impact and outreach and build awareness of Sheladia’s competencies to clients and partners.
- Maintain/enhance the reputation of the company
- Keep abreast of and incorporate best practices, approaches, and technology to enhance the effectiveness of capture efforts.
- Report activities and results quarterly and at year-end
Qualifications and Experience:
- BA/BS degree required;
- Minimum of eight years of proposal development experience in preparing responses to requests for proposals (RFP) for USAID and/or the multi-lateral banks, with progressive responsibility;
- Minimum of two years managing a business development team with a successful record of achievement;
- Proven capabilities in developing business strategies and directing their implementation;
- Ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and respectfully both verbally and in writing;
- Strong writing and editing skills;
- Strong research skills;
- Team player with strong interpersonal skills;
- Strong organizational and planning skills and attention to detail;
- Customer service-oriented attitude;
- Ability to adapt to new and/or unplanned situations to meet the dynamic needs of the company;
- Strong computer skills: MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel;
- International experience would be an advantage.
How to Apply:
Applications should include a CV and cover letter to be sent to email@example.com - include "Director BD - International" in the subject line. Successful candidates must be authorized to work in the US without sponsorship. This position is open until filled.
Unfortunately, due to the large number of applications that we receive, we may not be able to respond to each individual candidate. Please respect our no phone calls policy.
Sheladia Associates, Inc. offers a competitive salary along with an excellent benefits package.
Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer