Responsible to support the Chief in the execution of their responsibilities. Provides administrative support, representation, event planning, and project management. Maintains high standards of professionalism, efficiency, personal communication, discretion, and independent judgment. In working with internal and external contacts, including board members, deals with a wide range of highly sensitive issues under tight deadlines/pressures. Innovation and collaboration are key aspects of the position.
At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of guiding principles we call “The Heartbeat.” This includes our Values, Vision, and Purpose, which serve as the explanation of who we are and how we work as an organization. Together we follow God’s call responding to human suffering and graduating communities from extreme poverty.
● Responsible for scheduling and managing the Chief’s calendar including prioritizing, resolving related conflicts, and competing demands, proactively scheduling important meetings with internal and external individuals.
● Works closely with the Chief to manage specific projects as assigned, including drafting reports and visual presentations. Track the status of all projects being sponsored by the Chief or other leaders within the Chiefs organization chart by liaising with project leads and reporting on progress versus plan.
● Proofreads, answers, and composes routine correspondence both written and electronic, including donor and board communications and other partner related materials.
● Support communications and interaction between the Chief and strategic relationships inside and outside of the organization.
● Coordinate various aspects of travel, domestic and international, for the Chief and other team members of the Chief’s leadership team.
● Coordinates, plans, and organizes small-to large-scale meetings.
● Process and submit expense reports and monthly corporate credit card reconciliation for Chiefs and review/approve for direct reports.
● Coordinate with administrative/executive assistants assigned to other departments when additional support is needed at peak times, including but not limited to, budget deadlines, Board meetings, leadership meetings, special events, etc.
● Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
● Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs expressed in The Heartbeat.
● Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
● Strong organizational skills including the ability to manage calendars and effectively maintain records and files.
● Highly resourceful team player with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
● Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
● Ability to sit/stand at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
● Typically, 4+ years supporting C- Level Executives or VP level positions.
● Experience with managing projects in various capacities.
● Experience in organizing meetings, preparing, and monitoring budgets, assisting with travel and hotel accommodations, and providing general office operations support.
● Bilingual, in Spanish and English is a plus.
● Bachelor's degree in business management or related field required.
● PMP certification a plus.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the FH Heartbeat and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Medical, Dental, Vision - employee benefits paid
401K with up to 4% employer match
Paid commuter benefits
11 paid holidays
Flexible telecommute policy
Paid day off for your birthday
An application and resume through our online system is required. Click here to access our system.