EnCompass LLC seeks a Senior Contracts Manager. The Senior Contracts Manager provides award compliance guidance and support for a diverse portfolio of EnCompass projects. The Senior Contracts Manager will work closely with project management and technical staff to ensure their understanding of the terms and conditions of their awards.
This is a full-time position based at the EnCompass office in Rockville, MD. Must be legally authorized to work in the US for any employer without sponsorship. Hybrid/Remote work schedule.
Position Duties and Responsibilities
Essential functions include:
- Reviews terms and conditions of all new awards, modifications, and sub-agreements to ensure correlation between proposal submissions and resulting contract agreements and verification of appropriate client regulations
- Identifies any contractual or regulatory issues in RFPs that may impact the opportunity, reviews technical and cost proposals for contractual, budgetary, organizational and regulatory compliance
- Oversees and/or supports preparation of cost proposal documentation, including Representations and Certifications, waivers, subcontracting approval, etc.
- Assists with negotiation for prime and sub-agreements during more complex negotiations to ensure that compliance-related questions are addressed
- Serves as subject matter expert, provides guidance on award management during implementation to ensure compliance with client requirements, working directly with project management staff
- Interprets terms and conditions and advises on regulatory requirements to ensure that staff understand prime award prior approval requirements and follows up to ensure that they are met
- Stays current with US Government regulations and ensures that our policies and procedures are continually updated.
- Manages and performs, as needed, all contract administration functions
- Drafts, reviews, edits as required, and approves documents and requests that are submitted to the Contracting Officer (CO) to include salary justifications, notification and approval of project local compensation plans, TCN/CCN Waivers, source/national waivers for restricted commodities, notification/approval of key personnel changes, budgets/cost proposals for realignments/add-ons, specific requests for separate maintenance allowance, severance CCN leave payouts, allowances, and other documents for which the CO has the authority
- Corresponds as necessary with EnCompass clients on assigned contracts
- Researches and documents client related contractual, regulatory clauses/provisions including Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR), Agency for International Development Acquisition Regulations (AIDAR), DSSR standardized regulations, USAID ADS standard provisions, 2 CFR 200 requirements, and other types of donor research as applicable, and prepares written responses to queries
- Formally and informally educates project staff on contractual compliance issues and operational topics
- Negotiates compensation rates for consultants proposed to work on projects
- Negotiates subcontracts, purchase orders, and modifications using and adapting corporate templates to comply with client requirements
- Monitors regulatory mandated reports and disclosures from subcontractors
- Oversees the distribution of contract-related information and the maintenance of electronic copies of contract files, administrative actions and contract related correspondence in accordance with client standards for assigned portfolio
- Oversees maintenance of contract-relating tracking documents and databases in the Accounting system, Unanet, including the tracking of contract period of performance, deliverables, and financial report due dates
- Contributes to development of EnCompass’ operations and compliance guidance documents as requested, reinforcing client requirements, reflecting best practices, and award monitoring tools and templates
- Supervises other Contracts staff, as needed
- Engages fully as a member of the EnCompass staff team, including participating in staff meetings and other EnCompass activities
- Other duties as assigned
- Minimum of a High School diploma and 16 years of experience; Associate’s Degree and 14 years of experience; Bachelor’s degree and 12 years of experience; or a Master’s degree and 10 years of experience. Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field.
Experience and Skills
- Demonstrated expertise with researching, interpreting, and applying USG rand other regulations to project work
- Knowledge of FAR, AIDAR, 2 CFR 200, OMB Uniform Guidance, USAID ADS Standard Provisions, and other donor rules and regulations regarding implementation of Federal awards.
- Experience in implementing or providing support to programs funded by USAID, other USG agencies, and UN agencies
- Solid knowledge and understanding of all aspects of the prime award and sub-agreement management lifecycle
- Fluency in spoken English, with strong verbal communications skills
- Ability to compose reports, presentations, memos, emails, and other written documents in an organized, logical, and concise manner.
- Skilled in developing strong partnerships, especially in a diverse, global environment.
- Demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands within a fast-paced work environment
- Strong attention to detail and conscientious in adhering to deadlines and deliverables
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work with a wide variety of non-financial stakeholders
- Strong analytical skills and deep familiarity with MS Office
- Ability to coach, mentor and develop capacities of staff
- Ability to work in an appreciative, strengths-based environment and coach others in applying these approaches
How to Apply
Please submit CV and cover letter, and complete the online application.
EnCompass LLC is a progressive Equal Opportunity Employer. We promote, celebrate, and support a diverse and inclusive organizational culture and workforce. We are committed to providing all of our employees with an environment free from discrimination and harassment, where all are treated with dignity and respect. We do not tolerate, and explicitly prohibit, discrimination or harassment of any kind, at any time, in all aspects of employment. This includes recruitment, hiring, promotions, disciplinary measures, terminations, compensation, benefits, social and recreational programs, and training. EnCompass also does not tolerate retaliation against individuals who report discrimination or harassment. Our continuing commitment to the principle of Equal Opportunity Employment for all means all employment decisions are based only on the job requirements, the candidate’s qualifications, and the needs of EnCompass as a business—not on race, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, belief, sex (including pregnancy and related medical conditions), gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, disability status, veteran status, genetic information, HIV status, family/marital/parental status, or any other status protected by the laws and regulations in the jurisdictions where we work.
For US based positions: The employer will make reasonable accommodations in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals assigned to this position. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The incumbent must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle and prioritize multiple, competing tasks and demands and to seek supervisory assistance as appropriate.
If you require accommodations in line with the Americans with Disabilities Act to complete your application, please call 301-287-8700, provide your contact information and a description of your accessibility issue. We will make a determination on your request for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case-basis, and we will call you back within approximately 3 business days.
EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement, Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision