IREX is a global development and education organization. We strive for a more just, prosperous, and inclusive world—where individuals reach their full potential, governments serve their people, and communities thrive. With a projected annual portfolio of more than $100 million and more than 600 staff worldwide, we work with partners in more than 100 countries in four areas essential to progress: cultivating leaders, empowering youth, strengthening institutions, and increasing access to quality education and information.
Under the guidance of the Deputy Chief of Party, the Finance & Accounting Manager will manage the day-to-day finance and accounting duties, ensuring compliance with local law, USG regulations, and IREX policy for the USAID Sustainable Independent Media Activity (SIMA) project located in South Sudan. The Finance Manager will coordinate with DC program team and Field Finance, as well as supervising accounting and finance staff.
GENERAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the DCOP and COP on the overall financial management of the program, cost efficiency, and optimization of office resources;
- Oversee financial aspects of all program activities, including procurement, program budgeting and reporting;
- Ensure that all financial management, accounting, and procurement is in compliance with South Sudanese, U.S. government regulations, and IREX policy;
- Ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable and reasonable in accordance with USG cost principles and IREX policies and procedures;
- Ensure that appropriate financial record-keeping policies and practices are established and maintained;
- Prepare and submit monthly field office expense reports (FOERs) through the QuickBooks accounting software system;
- Prepare monthly wire requests;
- Oversee payroll processing;
- Supervise and provide mentoring and training to the program finance team
- As requested by the DCOP, prepare accurate, complete, and timely financial reporting, including monthly accrual/projection spreadsheets, and ensure timely submission;
- Review internal controls to ensure that appropriate mechanisms, procedures, and systems are in place. Ensure proper safeguards of funds and compliance with established USG and IREX financial and accounting procedures;
- Plan and perform internal audits of accounts payable, accounts receivable, payroll, fixed assets, and petty cash. Review bank reconciliations and reconciliations of petty cash as necessary;
- Review and submit all tax withholdings (payroll income tax, deduction at source, etc.) and corresponding reports (I.e.,VAT reports) to relevant parties;
- Assist with logistics of programmatic activities as required;
- Coordinate with IREX Finance and program teams in the home office;
- Occasional travel within South Sudan or internationally as needed;
- Other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Legal resident of South Sudan with Authorization to Work.
- Minimum 5 years working with NGOs as a senior accountant or finance manager, preferably with USG experience;
- University degree in a finance/accounting related field;
- Budgeting and budget tracking skills, as well as financial management skills;
- Expertise with procedures required for adequate planning, monitoring, and realigning of complex budgets;
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial management, and management of employee compensation systems;
- Practical knowledge of QuickBooks Accounting Software or similar accounting software is a plus;
- Strong knowledge of MS Office programs, Excel in particular;
- Excellent interpersonal and teamwork skills;
- Fluency in English required; professional proficiency in speaking, reading, and writing in English preferred.
IREX seeks to attract the best-qualified candidates who support IREX’s mission and who respect and promote excellence through diversity. IREX is committed to equal opportunity and follows recruitment and selection practices that comply with all applicable employment laws. To this end, IREX recruits, hires, trains, and promotes individuals without regard to color, race, religious belief, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, national or ethnic origin, disability, veteran status, or age.
Click on https://app.jobvite.com/j?cj=oeQhkfwp&s=DevelopmentAid to submit your CV and cover letter for consideration.