Responsible to ensure that the staff, processes, and technology are in place to process donations in the most accurate and efficient manner possible. Works in direct collaboration with the Sr. Director of Development Operations to ensure overall strategy and objectives for department are met.
All we do, and how we do it, seeks to promote God’s beauty, goodness, and truth in a broken world. As such, we are defined by our ability to make people’s lives measurably better; our ability to deliver impact is the measure of our collective success. For we know that we are God’s handiwork, created in Christ Jesus to do good works, which God has already prepared in advance for us to do. At Food for the Hungry, we operate under a set of values called Heartbeat Values.
• Oversee staff, processes, and technologies on the Donations Processing (DP) team ensuring all received donations are processed accurately and in a timely fashion.
• Oversees the functions needed to process financial donations to ensure all gifts received are accurately logged, and donor records are maintained and updated in a timely fashion.
• Collaborate with IT, Finance, Donor Engagement, and other external parties to ensure FH’s donation processing procedures and practices are followed and in compliance with all applicable governing standards.
• Oversee processing and set-up of sponsor pledges in Donor Management System.
• Collaborates with Sr. Director of Development Operations in:
o Identifying ways of documenting and streamlining department processes in support of FH strategic growth targets.
o Establish team objectives, goals, and metrics to help ensure strategic growth targets are met.
o Provide values driven leadership and a drive towards world-class donor operations.
• Hold regular 1:1s with direct reports and quarterly 1:1s with indirect reports.
• Provide leadership, coaching and training to direct reports.
• Recognize and reward innovative and creative contributions for staff, providing incentive to grow within the department and FH.
• In collaboration with the Sr. Director of Development Operations, develop and manage the department’s annual budget Ensure technology needs of the department are met.
• Other duties as assigned.
Job Level Specifications
• Vibrant personal relationship with Jesus Christ, a Christian commitment to serving the poor and in full agreement with FH’s Christian beliefs.
• Proven supervisory / management experience required, with a focus on team dynamics and productivity.
• Experience in progress reporting.
• Demonstrated computer-operating skills, including proficiency in Google platforms, Microsoft Office products, and virtual technologies such as Skype and/or Zoom.
• Able to work within tight procedural and process boundaries.
• Able to sit at a computer for up to 8 hours a day doing repetitive motions on a keyboard.
• Able to lift up to 25 pounds on a regular basis.
• Requires strong communication skills both written and verbal, diplomacy, and ability to interact with others of different cultures and backgrounds.
• Typically, 3 years of management/supervisory experience with 1 year of experience in a financial role.
• Non-profit ministry experience is a plus.
• Associates degree preferred.
Proficiency in spoken and written English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Directly supervises staff. Carry out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints, resolving problems, etc.
FH strives to provide an environment free from sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment in all places where relief and development programs are implemented. FH holds a zero-tolerance policy against sexual exploitation and abuse and harassment. FH expects its employees to maintain high ethical standards, protect organizational integrity and reputation, and ensure that FH work is carried out in honest and fair methods, in alignment with the Heartbeat Values and safeguarding and associated policies. Violations to stated policies will be subject to corrective action up to and including termination of employment.
Typically, successful candidates are hired at a salary rate up to midpoint of the range, based on relevant experience, internal equity, and budgetary allowances.
Medical, Dental, Vision - employee benefits paid
401K with up to 4% employer match
Paid commuter benefits
11 paid holidays
Flexible telecommute policy
Paid day off for your birthday
An application and resume through our online system is required.