DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
We meet communities where they are on the development spectrum and help them move to where they want to be. Together, we bring over 60 years of experience, relationships, and technical excellence to improve lives around the world on behalf of our partners, clients, and stakeholders.
- Serve as project manager for designated projects including deliverables coordination, technical direction, staffing, contractual/subcontract oversight, budgeting, monitoring of progress, review of final products.
- Liaise between field and headquarters office teams on operational, contractual, human resource, and administrative matters. Maintain and manage a positive working relationship with consultants and clients.
- Draft terms of reference for technical assistance activities for designated projects; and recruit subcontractors and consultants to carry out required tasks.
- Monitor project budgets, project invoices and monthly projections.
- Oversee project subcontractors to maintain proper budget utilization and invoicing procedures.
- Train and mentor junior staff.
- Conduct desktop and other research as needed; Conduct in-country project management trips to meet with the client and support implementation of activities.
- Draft case studies and other project promotional materials as needed to highlight the project’s success
- Contribute to technical products in the areas of international trade, SME development, market systems, policy analysis, private sector engagement, youth economic empowerment, value chain development, workforce development--with particular focus on market systems--, innovative approaches to access to finance, and utilizing Collaborating, Learning, and Adapting (CLA) approaches as a management tool.
- Make presentations to clients and colleagues on technical subjects listed above. Represent DT Global as technical expert, facilitate workshops, and hold stakeholder meetings on field visits for relevant projects and/or proposals.
- Lead and contribute to technical reports and thought pieces for clients, internal DT Global reports, and the broader international development community.
- Engage in short term technical assignments on projects in the above-mentioned areas.
- Lead and participate in subject matter working groups.
- Contribute to pre-proposal and proposal efforts through management, research, brainstorming, recruiting, and other areas as required.
- Provide written inputs for various sections of proposals including technical narratives, staffing, qualifications, management, and other, as required by the requests for proposals (RFPs).
- Participate in overseas marketing initiatives, targeting key private and public sector stakeholders and/or USAID.
- Liaise with recruiters and field staff to identify, interview, and recruit the best candidates for upcoming projects.
- Conceptualize and draft marketing materials in consultation with communications staff.
- Identify new opportunities through desktop and in-country research.
- Undergraduate degree in Economics, International Relations, Business or other relevant field (Master’s degree preferred)
- Overseas work experience in relevant field such as Finance, Economics, Monitoring and Evaluation and Business.
- At least three years of progressively responsible technical experience in international development, finance, or investments. Technical experience preferred in agricultural market systems, gender and social inclusion, private sector engagement, technology in international development, or political economy analysis.
- Excellent communication skills including advanced writing skills.
- Two or more years of experience in project management for various clients. Experience with USAID projects is preferred.
- Experience leading and writing sections of proposals for United States Government development institutions, and other international development organizations.
- Strong analytical capabilities and critical thinking skills.
- Ability to work independently and in teams, self-motivated with attention to detail and passion for development.
- Willingness to travel overseas to developing countries up to 20% of the time.
- Foreign language skills, French preferred.
- US work authorization required.
TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust, and commitment.
COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors, and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity, and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.