Reporting to: Asia Programme Manager
Start date: Feb 2023
Duration: 6 Months
Location: Amman, Jordan
Remuneration: 1,000 USD per month stipend to cover the living expenses of the intern
MAGENTA is a leading Social and Behavioural Change (SBC) Research and Communications agency that specializes in understanding human decision-making processes in order to design communications solutions for positive change in fragile and development settings. Headquartered in Amman and implementing programs across the Middle East, Africa, Asia, and Latin America, we use the latest in behavioural science principles and a rigorous approach to research, strategy, campaign design and implementation.
Our client base includes UN agencies, INGOs, governments and private sector. We aim to amplify the voices of local actors while bringing international expertise and methodological rigour. To do so, we partner with civil society, creative agencies, media and academics to design innovative, relevant and impactful solutions to some of the most challenging problems of our time. Whether we are aiming to shift parenting practices to improve children’s outcome or to understand how social norms underpin corruption, we always go the extra mile to ensure we can create positive impact for some of the most underserved population in the world. MAGENTA’s Asia team operates across Central, South, and South-East Asia on a range of projects that include research, strategy development, SBC intervention implementation, and evaluation.
Primary responsibilities of Interns are to provide support for (1) knowledge management, (2) programme design and management support, and (3) marketing. They work under the guidance of the Programme Manager. We are looking for exceptional individuals, driven by a keen desire to deliver social impact. In return, we offer a strong mentoring and training program, and exceptional growth possibilities within an expanding team.
Programme Development Support
- Prepare inputs for proposal development under the guidance of Programme Managers or Regional Manager
- Contribute to Programme Development brainstorms
- Champions proposal writing
Programme Management Support
- Conduct detailed literature reviews and situation analysis to inform SBC strategy development
- Contribute to successful programme reporting
- Liaise effectively with vendors and suppliers
- Support on operational aspects of the Programme Management such as cost tracking, logistics, etc.
- Ad hoc tasks as assigned by supervisor such as but not limited to updating the server, filing, writing research reports, drafting memos, and/or preparing presentations.
- Updating MAGENTA databases – past performance records, contact lists, partners’ testimonials
- Monitoring of tenders and funding opportunities
- Developing project case studies
- Writing up detailed meeting notes
- Development of fact sheets and presentations
Requirements & Competencies
- Recently graduated (or about to graduate) from top tier university;
- Robust logic chain analytics and strong general analytical skills;
- Highly numerate, with strong commercial acumen;
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities;
- Demonstrated passion and interest in MAGENTA’s regions;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English mandatory. Knowledge of one of the languages spoken in Asia is an advantage;
- Interest in Education, Gender, Health, Protection related projects
- Demonstrated desire for excellence and an ability to inspire others to attain professional excellence;
- Proven ability to multitask and manage one’s time effectively to meet competing deadlines and priorities;
- Excellent interpersonal skills, collaborate with others and successfully work as an effective team member;
- Innovation driven
- Technological fluency;
- Good sense of humour, personable and demonstrated ability to build networks;
- Entrepreneurial spirit and willingness to get hands dirty;
- Software familiarity: Microsoft 365, Excel, Word, PowerPoint
- MAGENTA has a flexible working policy which promotes periods of remote working in the year
- May involve working in regions that are remote and lack basic modern infrastructure
MAGENTA is committed to creating a diverse work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, or age.
How to apply
Applicants should submit a CV and cover letter on this platform. The cover letter should describe why you want to join the MAGENTA team and what makes you a strong asset.